Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Technical drawing and sketches for physics and engineering?

1. Aug 9, 2008 #1
    Hello,

I am searching a programm for technical drawing and skteches in physics and engineering. It should be able to draw in 2-d and 3-d, should have more than only a few funtions and freeware, best if it works with the GPL.

Does such a programm exists for free? The Operating System isn't very important. My favor would be for Leopard mac osx but Linux or even Windows would be well also.

I learned Auto-cad in the University but this program is only avaible in the faculty for using and a home edition of auto cad would cost more than I have... :uhh:

greetings

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2008 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Linux has a couple of CAD type programs out there, as for Mac OSX, not a clue.

4. Aug 9, 2008 #3
    Oh, okay. I am working with Linux but I have a small distribution. Could you give me a few names?

greetings

5. Aug 9, 2008 #4

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

google linux, cad and kde (one of the front-ends), you'll find a mitt full.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?