1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Geometry Tensors and Manifolds by Wasserman

1. Sep 18, 2016 #1
    I would like to know at what level is the book Tensors and Manifolds by Wasserman is pitched and what are the prerequisites of this book? Given the prerequisites, at what level should it be (please give examples of books)? If anyone has used this book can you please kindly give your comments and suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2016 #2

Ssnow

Gold Member

Hi, I have the book. I never used it but looking inside it begin with standard definitions of vectors spaces and tensors. It seems very accessible to university students. This is in fact a collection of lessons of the author ... In the second part of the book there are also present applications on the relativity theory but the the first part seems very basic, I don't see a lot of exercises but this depends what you search ...

Ssnow

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted