Testing photoheterotrophic, autotrophic and fermentation of R.rubrum?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
prime-factor
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
I need to test photoheteretrophic, autotrophic and fermentation growth of R.rubrum bacteria, all of which require anaerobic conditions. For fermentation, i am placing the bacteria with fructose in the dark, and for phototrophic in the light with fructose, and for autotrophic in the light with nothing. How should I do this to get some quantitative data??

How do I get anaerobic conditions,and how should i test this?, please help :confused:
 
Biology news on Phys.org
How should I do this to get some quantitative data?
Have you considered serial dilution and http://www2.hendrix.edu/biology/CellWeb/Techniques/microspread.html??
How do I get anaerobic conditions?
Have you considered http://ftp.ccccd.edu/dcain/CCCCD%20Micro/gaspakjar.htm" culture?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Unfortunately our school has no equipment such as the GasPak you mentioned :frown:
However :smile:, the bacteria were put in test-tubes filled with sterile water, then covered with oil. Hopefully things will work out.