1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing policy for using calculators at U of I ? Just wonder

1. Aug 8, 2015 #1
    Just wondering if anyone happened to know how to find out the policy at University of Indianapolis for taking something like calculus or statistics. It just seems like a work load if they have you tests by hand. I'd just like to know because it'd make me relieved.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2015 #2
    Ask.

And do so when not drunk.

4. Aug 8, 2015 #3

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I do not know about University of Indianapolis per se, but at most universities I know of, calculators are not required and not allowed in the basic math courses for the simple reason that you have no use for them and for those cases you do, e.g., when you have a symbolic calculator, you are usually being tested whether or not you can perform the task yourself.

5. Aug 8, 2015 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Why are you asking this on an online forum where most of the people don't know anything about the University of Indianapolis? Surely, there are much better ways of finding this information.

6. Aug 8, 2015 #5

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Doesn't the U of Indy have a web site? Have you surfed the site to see if their policies on calculators are posted? Telephoned? Faxed? E-mailed the Math Department?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook