Testing policy for using calculators at U of I ? Just wonder

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 1K views
Indianspirit
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Just wondering if anyone happened to know how to find out the policy at University of Indianapolis for taking something like calculus or statistics. It just seems like a work load if they have you tests by hand. I'd just like to know because it'd make me relieved.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I do not know about University of Indianapolis per se, but at most universities I know of, calculators are not required and not allowed in the basic math courses for the simple reason that you have no use for them and for those cases you do, e.g., when you have a symbolic calculator, you are usually being tested whether or not you can perform the task yourself.
 
Indianspirit said:
Just wandering if anyone happened to know how to find out the policy at University of Indianapolis for taking something like calculus or statistics. It just seems like a work load if they have you tests by hand. I'd just like to know because it'd make me relieved.1. Homework Statement

Why are you asking this on an online forum where most of the people don't know anything about the University of Indianapolis? Surely, there are much better ways of finding this information.
 
Doesn't the U of Indy have a web site? Have you surfed the site to see if their policies on calculators are posted? Telephoned? Faxed? E-mailed the Math Department?