Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

TeXnicCenter question (tool-tip) below typing?

1. Sep 6, 2011 #1
    Hi,

You guys use TeXnicCenter for writing papers? I think it's pretty good. So when I'm in the process of typing in an equation and I start typing:

\begin{equ

right there, a little yellow window or tool-tip I guess pops in below where I'm typing which looks like the construct for the equation. What do I do with that? Can I somehow select it and the skeleton for the equation construct gets inserted into my document? You guys know?

Thanks,
    Jack

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2011 #2

alphysicist

Homework Helper

Hi Jackmell,

Yes, once that pops up, you can hit control-space for it to be inserted.

However, the tool-tip is actually responding to you typing "equ". So what you need to do, is only the type the "equ" (not the "\begin{" part).

The one that I find most useful is for figures. Just go to an empty line, type "fig", and then ctrl-space.

4. Sep 9, 2011 #3
    Thanks a bunch! :)

5. Sep 9, 2011 #4

alphysicist

Homework Helper

My pleasure! I really like TexnicCenter, but it took me a surprisingly long time to figure out how to do the tooltips.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook