Thanks for the Inspiration: A Tribute to the Internet

In summary, the conversation discusses the role of the internet and its inventor, Al Gore. The internet was not invented on PF, but rather by Al Gore. However, one person claims to have been using the internet before Gore was born. Another person brings up the concept of trading Taking Credits on the internet. Ultimately, it is agreed that Al Gore played a significant role in the development of the information superhighway.
khemist
thanks for the inspiration. it would not be possible without the internet!

Physics news on Phys.org
khemist said:
thanks for the inspiration. it would not be possible without the internet!

The internet was not invented on PF. Al Gore invented the internet.

zoobyshoe said:
The internet was not invented on PF. Al Gore invented the internet.
Zoob, you lying bastard! I was on the internet before Gore was born. Of course, we soon gave up the coconut fibre infrastructure as more of a local display phenomenon and focused upon a user interface that works as opposed to one that immediately solves your problems with the promise of introducing more. (Cue the squeegie kids... :rolleyes:)

Danger said:
Zoob, you lying bastard! I was on the internet before Gore was born. Of course, we soon gave up the coconut fibre infrastructure as more of a local display phenomenon and focused upon a user interface that works as opposed to one that immediately solves your problems with the promise of introducing more. (Cue the squeegie kids... :rolleyes:)

actually, what Al Gore invented was the buying and selling of Taking Credits.

Actually, Al Gore helped to spearhead the installation of the information superhighway, which we take for granted today.

Related to Thanks for the Inspiration: A Tribute to the Internet

1. What inspired you to create "Thanks for the Inspiration: A Tribute to the Internet"?

The Internet has been a significant part of my life and has greatly influenced my work as a scientist. I wanted to pay tribute to the Internet and all the inspiration it has provided me throughout the years.

2. What is the main message behind "Thanks for the Inspiration: A Tribute to the Internet"?

The main message is to recognize the impact of the Internet on our lives and to show gratitude for all the knowledge, connections, and opportunities it has brought us.

3. How did you choose the specific elements to include in the tribute?

I selected elements that I personally found inspiring and that represented the different aspects of the Internet, such as social media, search engines, and online communities.

4. What do you hope people will take away from "Thanks for the Inspiration: A Tribute to the Internet"?

I hope people will reflect on the positive impact of the Internet and appreciate its role in shaping our world. I also hope it will encourage people to use the Internet for good and continue to innovate and create positive change.

5. Do you have any plans to update or expand "Thanks for the Inspiration: A Tribute to the Internet" in the future?

As a scientist, I am always open to new ideas and inspiration. I may update or expand the tribute in the future to reflect the ever-evolving nature of the Internet and its impact on our lives.