That long thread about elegant math

• Thread starter Thrice
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, "That long thread about elegant math" is a popular online discussion that covers a wide range of mathematical topics and includes insights from mathematicians and non-mathematicians. It was started by a user on a popular online platform and can be found through a quick internet search. The thread is popular because it showcases the beauty and elegance of mathematics and allows for discussions from different perspectives. It covers various mathematical concepts and is open to anyone who is interested in the subject, regardless of their level of expertise.
Thrice
I'm sorry I've looked everywhere. Normal search & google search. I guess I should have bookmarked it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Physics news on Phys.org
Is this a philosphical discussion of mathematical elegance? Or a bunch of elegant proofs/problems?

mattmns said:
Is this a philosphical discussion of mathematical elegance? Or a bunch of elegant proofs/problems?
More of the second, I think. I'm not entirely sure.

1. What is "That long thread about elegant math"?

"That long thread about elegant math" is a popular online discussion about the beauty and elegance of mathematical concepts and theories. It covers a wide range of topics, from basic arithmetic to advanced calculus, and includes insights and perspectives from mathematicians, scientists, and enthusiasts.

2. Who started the thread and where can I find it?

The thread was started by a user on a popular online forum or social media platform, such as Reddit or Twitter. It may also be found on a dedicated mathematical discussion website or forum. A quick internet search using the title should lead you to the thread.

3. Why is this thread so popular among mathematicians and non-mathematicians alike?

The thread is popular because it showcases the beauty and elegance of mathematics, which can be appreciated by both experts and non-experts. It also allows for discussions and insights from different perspectives, making it a valuable resource for learning and exploring new ideas.

4. Are there any specific mathematical concepts or theories discussed in the thread?

The thread covers a wide range of mathematical concepts and theories, including but not limited to: Fibonacci numbers, the golden ratio, Euler's identity, Pythagorean theorem, fractals, and prime numbers. However, the discussions are not limited to these topics and may encompass any area of mathematics.

5. Can I participate in the thread even if I am not a mathematician?

Absolutely! The thread is open to anyone who is interested in discussing and appreciating the beauty of mathematics. You do not have to be a mathematician to contribute to the discussions or ask questions. However, it is recommended that you have a basic understanding of mathematical concepts to fully participate in the discussions.