That option thingy to buy books?

• Thread starter quasar987
  • Start date
In summary, there was a feature in PF where purchasing books would give a portion of the expenses to PF. It may still exist, but hasn't been advertised in years. Some users have reported that the link for this feature no longer works.
quasar987
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
A while ago, there was a little thing in PF that allowed you to buy books and a fraction of your expanses would go to PF. Does that thing still exists? I can't find it.

Physics news on Phys.org
In fact it is still running, haven't advertised the deal for years though.

The links for that never work for me. I get a server not found error.

1. What is the "that option thingy" to buy books?

The "that option thingy" is most likely referring to an online option to purchase books, such as an e-book or audiobook. It allows users to easily access and read books without physically going to a bookstore.

2. How does the "that option thingy" work?

The specific details of how the "that option thingy" works may vary depending on the platform or website offering it. However, in general, it involves purchasing a digital copy of a book and downloading it onto a device for reading.

3. Is the "that option thingy" cost-effective?

Again, this may vary depending on the platform or website, but in general, the "that option thingy" can be cost-effective compared to buying physical books. It eliminates the cost of printing and shipping, and often offers discounts or subscription options for frequent readers.

4. Can I access all books through the "that option thingy"?

Not necessarily. The availability of books on the "that option thingy" may depend on copyright laws and agreements with publishers. Some books may not be available in digital format, or may only be available for purchase through certain platforms.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using the "that option thingy" to buy books?

One potential drawback is that the reading experience may differ from a physical book, and some readers may prefer the tangible experience of holding a book. Additionally, technical issues or internet connectivity problems may prevent access to the digital books. Some people also have concerns about the environmental impact of digital books versus physical books.