Is the Doctor B Diet worth $2000 for weight loss claims?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Routaran
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Doctor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Routaran
Messages
447
Reaction score
94
Hey guys,
I came across this weight loss website
http://www.drbdiet.com/

I've had a read of the website and he sounds a lot less "out there" than most of the people in this field and doesn't go into all the usual holistic mumbo jumbo. However, he does make claims like "after years of development and research" and charges close to $2000 for the program.

I am skeptical. I know from my personal experience that it is possible to lose 2-4 lb (1.25-2kg) per week depending on how hard you work out. But i was in my early 20's and had the time to put in 2 hours 4-5 times a week at the gym, plus cardio and play sports almost every day.

This one is saying he can do more with just strict diet control, counciling and supliments. It seems unreasonable to me.

I went to pubmed and searched for "Bernstein obesity", "Bernstein weight", "Bernstein S" but didnt come up with anything that seem to relate to this individual. I am not sure how else to evaluate this. I know people who have spent the coin and that have measurable positive results. But, forgive the cliche, this just sounds too good to be true.

I would appreciate some feedback.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Consult your doctor if you wish to go on a diet.