The downloader can't currently generate links

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Links
In summary, the conversation discusses a program called the downloader which is used to generate links for downloading Microsoft products. However, currently, the downloader is unable to generate links for Windows 7, Office 2007, and Office 2010. The website where the downloader can be downloaded from is www.heidoc.net, and it is mentioned in official Microsoft forums. The purpose of the downloader is to provide a way to download older Microsoft products, as they are not available for download on Microsoft's official website.
mech-eng
"The downloader can't currently generate links for Windows 7, as well as Office 2007 and 2010."

Above is confusing to me because I don't know how such things work. The downloader is a program which is downloaded from here. How does it works? How can the program generate the links? www.heidoc.net is offered in MS official forums.

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Maybe there’s no product download for that specific platform.

Yes, but I was wondering also about how that program, the downloader, works. Do anyone know how such link generator programs works? For example how do they generate links? Do they have a relation with Microsoft's websites?

Thank you.

As I see, you're talking about this

"Important: The downloader can't currently generate links for Windows 7, as well as Office 2007 and 2010. We're trying to bring back some limited options for these systems with the next release. If you have further questions about this issue, please use the WinCert Forum to get in touch, so that other users can also benefit from the discussion, and we don't have to answer the same kind of questions by email dozens of times..."

As the site claims - I really don't know about it if it is legitimate or not, it offers this tool in order to download some genuine Microsoft products. Now, this message above clearly says that there are no links to download the things that mentions using the downloader.

mech-eng said:
Yes, but I was wondering also about how that program, the downloader, works. Do anyone know how such link generator programs works? For example how do they generate links? Do they have a relation with Microsoft's websites?

With a little googling you'll easily see that heidoc.net provides the links but you must have already a product key in order to do the activation. So, it is essentially a way to download if you don't have the media for the product. Microsoft doesn't provide links for download for older products so this is a way to download. Also, you can go to official Microsoft website and put "heidoc.net" in the search box. It gives links to heidoc.net.

1. Why is the downloader unable to generate links?

The downloader may be unable to generate links due to technical issues, such as network connectivity problems or server issues. It may also be due to compatibility issues with the website or file being downloaded.

2. Can the downloader be fixed to generate links again?

In most cases, the downloader can be fixed to generate links again. This may involve updating the software, troubleshooting technical issues, or finding an alternative downloader that is compatible with the website or file.

3. Is there a specific reason why the downloader is unable to generate links?

The specific reason can vary depending on the situation. It may be due to changes in the website or file structure, updates to the downloader software, or limitations set by the website owner to prevent downloads.

4. How can I troubleshoot the downloader if it is unable to generate links?

If the downloader is unable to generate links, you can try troubleshooting by checking your network connectivity, updating the software, or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. You can also try using a different downloader or contacting the website owner for assistance.

5. Is there an alternative solution if the downloader can't currently generate links?

Yes, there are often alternative solutions if the downloader is unable to generate links. This may include using a different downloader or finding a direct download link on the website. You can also try using a different device or computer to see if the issue is isolated to a specific device.