The Fatal Flaw in Every Techno Show on TV

  • Thread starter Thread starter FredGarvin
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 6K views
I was processing a picture from a wind tunnel test I did last year. I saw an image of a reflection in the picture. I zoomed in on it and I could see myself talking to the tunnel engineer. I kid you not. It was hilarious.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Just yesterday I read a sci-am article about stealing information without internet. Its not very hard too, and some are very shocking.

It is possible to get pictures reflected off your eye(glass, white board... round and shiny objects) from a very far distance. (Though small telescopes are used.)

They can get information for your modem flashing.

They can get information from your printer printing sound.

They can see you type into your keyboard just by looking at your wrist.

Also is very easy to get to your webcam and see everything...

I don't know about the shows since I don't watch them.
 
Bright Wang said:
Just yesterday I read a sci-am article about stealing information without internet. Its not very hard too, and some are very shocking.

It is possible to get pictures reflected off your eye(glass, white board... round and shiny objects) from a very far distance. (Though small telescopes are used.)

They can get information for your modem flashing.

They can get information from your printer printing sound.

They can see you type into your keyboard just by looking at your wrist.

Also is very easy to get to your webcam and see everything...

I don't know about the shows since I don't watch them.
Also, sound of keyboard keys being tapped.
 
There's always http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Eck_phreaking" which allows you to (in principle) see the image present on a computer monitor or TV just by picking up the interfere the monitor sends off.

Very cool, but probably very difficult in practice.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love the holographic computer displays in 'Bones' and 'CSI Miami'. Me want...