The Fish! (fishkeepers, breeders, fish lovers)

• Thread starter Lacy33
  • Start date
awww {{{Lacy}}} I'm sure he'll be ok.
Thank you Evo and all. This is a hard time. One of the forums I go to is for fish keepers and sometimes the sense of support and community given to a fish and the owner at times like this really leave one sobbing.
We went through this with my daughter and a forum for rabbits this last summer when a bunnie left in her care turned out to be a female and gave birth. I think she had five babies die in her hands.
All of these forums are wonderful to the communities they serve.
I don't want to go to my fish forum because I was an idiot and hurt our fish causing this. Those people might kill me. Then who would care for the other two fish we have? Rocky (hhtn) and Hubby? :cry:

Evo

Mentor
Thank you Evo and all. This is a hard time. One of the forums I go to is for fish keepers and sometimes the sense of support and community given to a fish and the owner at times like this really leave one sobbing.
We went through this with my daughter and a forum for rabbits this last summer when a bunnie left in her care turned out to be a female and gave birth. I think she had five babies die in her hands.
All of these forums are wonderful to the communities they serve.
I don't want to go to my fish forum because I was an idiot and hurt our fish causing this. Those people might kill me. Then who would care for the other two fish we have? Rocky (hhtn) and Hubby? :cry:
You never intended to harm him, your intentions were good. Just remember that.

Love and {{{{hugs}}}} from all of us Lacy dear. We're all with you.

Last edited:
You never intended to harm him, your intentions were good. Just remember that.

Love and {{{{hugs}}}} from all of us Lacy dear. We're all with you.
I only cried hard one other time when on pf and that was an angry, selfish, temper tantrum having some thing to do with a pink never.

I appreciate your post so much that I just can't really express it.
I didn't think Rocky would take a turn for the worse when starting this thread. But since the thread has been going, I have learned to laugh at dead fish jokes and experiences.
OK! Darling Rocky collided with the sword I was knighting him with. :frown: That's why he was being knighted. He's brave.
We hope for the best and even if he leaves. I suspect he will be back because I never met a fish that so much enjoyed trying to bite my hand off at pellet time.
xoxo

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I only cried hard one other time when on pf and that was an angry, selfish, temper tantrum having some thing to do with a pink never.

I appreciate your post so much that I just can't really express it.
I didn't think Rocky would take a turn for the worse when starting this thread. But since the thread has been going, I have learned to laugh at dead fish jokes and experiences.
OK! Darling Rocky collided with the sword I was knighting him with. :frown: That's why he was being knighted. He's brave.
We hope for the best and even if he leaves. I suspect he will be back because I never met a fish that so much enjoyed trying to bite my hand off at pellet time.
xoxo
:frown: Evo is right, you have love and hugs from all of us!

:frown: Evo is right, you have love and hugs from all of us!
Thank you Lisab.
I just read all this to Rocky and he snapped at me and said, "you sorry? Huh? You sorry you stabbed me? Do you think I am going to forgive you? I'm going to bite your face off!!! :mad: Come close to the top of the tank. You know like you did the day you tried to make me Fish On A Stick!" :grumpy:

I think he will get over it. :!!) Rocky loves me. :tongue2:

I love yellow santa fish!

Rocky (da shark) Balboa joins Spike and Sting today.
RIP dear boys.

Evo

Mentor
RIP dear boys.
:cry: Noooo. Oh noooo. :cry:

Lacy I am so sorry.

{{{{{hugs}}}} He knew you loved him.

RIP dear boys.
That's very unfortunate. Hope they lived well and enjoyed love from you guys.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thank you all.
Spike and Sting were Dimensional's dear lionfish who passed about the first week in December.
Rocky, I had to help sleep yesterday because he had stopped eating and could not even really move much.
Perhaps a mistake, I held him in my hand while he went to sleep. I don't know how I could not have done that as I have been holding both of the fish in the water during water changes and they had become so tame.
But I had and continue to have this feeling that I murdered him.
WAIT!
I think that is why the professionals say to cover the fish while it goes to sleep from the clove oil and then add the vodka when fully asleep.
Our situation was such a mixed package because we played with them and they were/ are use to human contact. Maybe like dolphins.
Goldie (hhtn :yuck:) is still with us. Thankfully
We are thinking though about getting something "mommy" can really play with,.... like a T-Rex.

Fish would be cooler if you could somehow engineer a reverse-scooba suit like in Futurama :)

DaveC426913

Gold Member
Fish would be cooler if you could somehow engineer a reverse-scooba suit like in Futurama :)

http://hight3ch.com/fish-controlled-vehicle/" [Broken]
[PLAIN]http://www.techepics.com/files/fish_robot.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
[PLAIN]http://www.techepics.com/files/fish_robot.jpg[/QUOTE] [Broken]

Dave, that's pretty clever. Do you get many fish that way? HUH?
Anyway, Goldie took one look at that and took off. 5:35 est. Take good care of our Goldy. OK?

Evo

Mentor
[PLAIN]http://www.techepics.com/files/fish_robot.jpg[/QUOTE]That's [Broken] cool!

That's what Goldie thought. Just up and left. We guess he wanted wheels too.

Evo

Mentor
Is goldie ok?
No, all in about ten minutes, he swam around funny and went head down and out dead. We didn't even get a chance to say good bye. Very strange.
Though I may sound dry, that is not the case here and I have a feeling in a blizzard we will be bringing more boys home tomorrow. Jerry knows we need kids in the house. We are a family kind of couple.
Thank you for noticing.

Because it's Christmas I didn't want to say our boy left on Christmas and make people sad.
We are sad but thankful we had them for so long.

Evo

Mentor
No, all in about ten minutes, he swam around funny and went head down and out dead. We didn't even get a chance to say good bye. Very strange.
Though I may sound dry, that is not the case here and I have a feeling in a blizzard we will be bringing more boys home tomorrow. Jerry knows we need kids in the house. We are a family kind of couple.
Thank you for noticing.

Because it's Christmas I didn't want to say our boy left on Christmas and make people sad.
We are sad but thankful we had them for so long.
OMG!!! OMG!!!!

{{{{hugs}}}}} Lacy... :cry: I feel so sad for you. You lost both in the last few days. So sad.

Do you have a nice potted plant as a resting place?

We took them of both to the same place in the park and put them to rest. We are very sad.
It should not suprise me but it still is how much adults can get attached to these tiny creatures. They were not really "tank" fish but when we moved to a different room we would take them with us so that they would not get lonely. Perhaps we forgot they were fish. Though Goldie didn't act like one. At times I really thought he was Grandpa come back. o:)

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm so sorry, Lacy :frown:!

Thank you Evo and Lisab. We are dealing with our loss here like adults. :cry: :cry: :cry:
We have a storm coming so first we go to go get supplies and then to the store and grab the ones looking like they need to be rescued.
A lady on FB once said she was not smart enough to swim with the fish. I can't make it to hospice anymore. These little bettas are my teachers for the moment.

RIP Professors Rocky and Goldie.

OmCheeto

Gold Member
[PLAIN]http://www.techepics.com/files/fish_robot.jpg[/QUOTE] [Broken]

I really have to thank you for this, and the fish habitrail post. I thought maybe I was the only nut in the world who thought of such things.

Though I would never install the fish guidance system. They are bad enough as it is...

Om: Hi fishies, what's up?
Fishies: We're hungry!
Om: But I just fed you 5 minutes ago.
Fishies: We don't care. We're hungry!
Om: Ok. Just a bit more.
Fishies: Yay!

repeat, forever and ever

I'm sure if they could move that tank to follow the food god around the house, they would.