The Fish (fishkeepers, breeders, fish lovers)

• Thread starter Lacy33
  • Start date
In summary: Who here is keeping a fish tank? We currently have two Betta boys. :!) They just had their one year birthday with us. Which one is the alpha? Thank you Drizzle. Yanick, Thank you for sharing all this. I know how fish love can sneak up on you and there you are. But just like you experienced, there we were, with the wrong information, equiptment and eventually dead fish, one right after the next. I think the worse burial in the park was our second when I passed out coming home. The emotional attachment to these little aquatic personalities is so strong. Who would have guessed. We now have two tanks and
Lacy33 said:
No, all in about ten minutes, he swam around funny and went head down and out dead. We didn't even get a chance to say good bye. Very strange.
Though I may sound dry, that is not the case here and I have a feeling in a blizzard we will be bringing more boys home tomorrow. Jerry knows we need kids in the house. We are a family kind of couple.
Thank you for noticing.

Because it's Christmas I didn't want to say our boy left on Christmas and make people sad.
We are sad but thankful we had them for so long.
OMG! OMG!

{{{{hugs}}}}} Lacy... :cry: I feel so sad for you. You lost both in the last few days. So sad.

Do you have a nice potted plant as a resting place?

Physics news on Phys.org
We took them of both to the same place in the park and put them to rest. We are very sad.
It should not surprise me but it still is how much adults can get attached to these tiny creatures. They were not really "tank" fish but when we moved to a different room we would take them with us so that they would not get lonely. Perhaps we forgot they were fish. Though Goldie didn't act like one. At times I really thought he was Grandpa come back. o:)

I'm so sorry, Lacy :frown:!

Thank you Evo and Lisab. We are dealing with our loss here like adults. :cry: :cry: :cry:
We have a storm coming so first we go to go get supplies and then to the store and grab the ones looking like they need to be rescued.
A lady on FB once said she was not smart enough to swim with the fish. I can't make it to hospice anymore. These little bettas are my teachers for the moment.

RIP Professors Rocky and Goldie.

DaveC426913 said:
http://hight3ch.com/fish-controlled-vehicle/"
[PLAIN]http://www.techepics.com/files/fish_robot.jpg[/QUOTE]

I really have to thank you for this, and the fish habitrail post. I thought maybe I was the only nut in the world who thought of such things.

Though I would never install the fish guidance system. They are bad enough as it is...

Om: Hi fishies, what's up?
Fishies: We're hungry!
Om: But I just fed you 5 minutes ago.
Fishies: We don't care. We're hungry!
Om: Ok. Just a bit more.
Fishies: Yay!

repeat, forever and ever

I'm sure if they could move that tank to follow the food god around the house, they would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your fish Lacy :(

HeLiXe said:
Sorry to hear about your fish Lacy :(

Thank you HeLiXe. I was just laughing hard at OmCheeto's fish shtick. Oh so true.
When we realized Goldie was not coming back up, Hubby frantically dumped a whole lot of food in his little tank accidently. Thank goodness Goldie was elsewhere because that little fish would have eaten every pellet if it would kill him! :uhh:

Lacy33 said:
Thank you HeLiXe. I was just laughing hard at OmCheeto's fish shtick. Oh so true.
When we realized Goldie was not coming back up, Hubby frantically dumped a whole lot of food in his little tank accidently. Thank goodness Goldie was elsewhere because that little fish would have eaten every pellet if it would kill him! :uhh:

lololol...fish shtick...Lacy you crack me up!

lisab said:
lololol...fish shtick...Lacy you crack me up!

LOL, you crack ME up! :rofl: I didn't get it until you pointed it out. LOL:rofl:

Fish schtick :rofl:

For the record, the Fishmobile is not mine; I simply pointed to a known internet phenom.

Great Rocky and Goldie avatar, Lacy :smile:

Lacy33 said:

My last fish tank was about two years ago--it was a 5 gallon. My sucker fish {I forget what it was...not a siamese or a plecos} got so huge I donated him back to the pet store for people with ponds. The tank was looking bare so I bought a few more neons which were on sale. I wish I would have kept them in another tank for a week or so because they introduced a fungus into my tank -_-. I lost all my fishies at once so I know how sad it is. *pc hugs*

HeLiXe said:
My last fish tank was about two years ago--it was a 5 gallon. My sucker fish {I forget what it was...not a siamese or a plecos} got so huge I donated him back to the pet store for people with ponds. The tank was looking bare so I bought a few more neons which were on sale. I wish I would have kept them in another tank for a week or so because they introduced a fungus into my tank -_-. I lost all my fishies at once so I know how sad it is. *pc hugs*

Thank you Lisa.

HeLiXe, Did you take any pictures of your fish?
Fish keeping which we originally thought would be manageable price wise, is just like getting a good neighbor award.
Don't accept either or you will be broke in a month!

I just noticed I haven't fed my http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/file/112581010116074801021/fish.swf?3" for past 1 year but I am glad they are still alive o:)
I also have a http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/file/112581010116074801021/treefrog.swf?2" .

Ohhh those are cute. I fed them for you. That hamster is adorable.
What a wonderful gift.

Lacy33 said:
Thank you Lisa.

HeLiXe, Did you take any pictures of your fish?

No :( I had an orange and purple betta a few mixed tetras, that sucker fish and 8 neons. I kept the betta in another tank.

I do have a picture of my pet parakeet who passed away after 10 years.

HeLiXe said:
No :( I had an orange and purple betta a few mixed tetras, that sucker fish and 8 neons. I kept the betta in another tank.

I do have a picture of my pet parakeet who passed away after 10 years.

Would you like to share the picture of your Parakeet? That's a long time to have a pet.
Good for you.

Here she is, small pic but it's the only one I have of her. This picture was taken a month before she passed away. I don't like to cage birds tho, so I will never have a caged bird as a pet again. She was supposed to be a pet for someone else, but they did not want to take care of her. I was happy to take care of her, I really loved her <3

Attachments

• 001brD.jpg
    001brD.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 387
Oh, She is very pretty. She looks to be a real lady. And very modest.
I had Budggie birds, a few through the years. I mostly let the cage open when I knew the window would be closed. One only need clean a little more. :biggrin:
I think I was up to Scorpio 5, though they were not all called Scorpio. Most of them acted like one hence the name.
Did your bird talk? Did she sit on your finger. Mine use to like to sit on my head, so I had to start wearing the baseball cap around the house. lol

Thx Lacy :) Actually she did talk, she said hello and hi, prior to I had no idea budgies could talk. She never went on my finger, but she would let me hold her.

DaveC426913 said:
http://hight3ch.com/fish-controlled-vehicle/"
[PLAIN]http://www.techepics.com/files/fish_robot.jpg[/QUOTE]

haha, that was a good find! I enjoyed it ;D