The Most Annoying Music To Rip Your Hair Out To

In summary: Not all threads need to be constructive. So tell me your worst, most annoying music out there. What tune makes you rip your hair out??In summary, some tunes make people really angry and frustrated. Rebecca Black's "Friday" is one example. Another is "Macarthur Park" by the Chantels. Anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber is pretty bad, and Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back" is a terrible song.
ThomasT said:
Agree totally. But it does take a little effort to find radio stations that play good stuff. And I'm not necessarily talking about old stuff -- although competing with the originality of the stuff of the 60's and 70's is a tall order.
Impossible, up here. Steven King owns and operates the best rock station around, but there are no outlets for the good stuff from the 60's and 70's. It's pretty much bland crap laced with commercials.

Science news on Phys.org
turbo said:
It's all pretty bland, IMO. No character. Gaga is horrible. Contrast her "talent" with David Crosby, Steven Stills, Jim Messina, Hendrix, and a million other performers from the 60's and 70's. No contest. Steve Winwood was recording when he was 14 or so. None of those musicians had to wear outrageous costumes or face-makeup/accouterments to get attention. Just turn on the radio and appreciate.

Yes, but just because someone does wear outrageous maekup doesn't mean they don't kick some serious butt. Take
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZq3i94mSsQ

For those of you who are advocating that modern music is 'crap', I would suggest that there is a lot of music out there that is available if you take the time to sample it, and a large portion of it across all of the genres does have something to offer.

daveb said:
Yes, but just because someone does wear outrageous maekup doesn't mean they don't kick some serious butt. Take
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZq3i94mSsQ
I'm sorry, but that is some of the worst of the worst (even if it is their "best"). Go back to Cream, Buffalo Springfield,Byrds, Blind Faith, and see if you can't find some head-turning music that didn't involve wearing outrageous costumes/makeup. Kiss never kicked any serious butt, IMO. Want a serious rock band? Maybe go back to AC/DC when Bon Scott was still alive. Their only concession to the populace was Angus' dressing in his school uniform for performances (his sister's idea).

Shania Twain, That Don't Impress Me Much. It's godawful over-produced garbage (like most of what passes for pop-country music).

turbo said:
I'm sorry, but that is some of the worst of the worst (even if it is their "best"). Go back to Cream, Buffalo Springfield,Byrds, Blind Faith, and see if you can't find some head-turning music that didn't involve wearing outrageous costumes/makeup. Kiss never kicked any serious butt, IMO. Want a serious rock band? Maybe go back to AC/DC when Bon Scott was still alive. Their only concession to the populace was Angus' dressing in his school uniform for performances (his sister's idea).

I never said those who didn't wear makeup weren't good either. I happen to love Cream, Deep Purple, etc. (I think rock from the late 60's and early 70's is the best) - FWIW, Queen and Pink Floyd are my favorite bands Kiss ranks in the top 50, probably).

If you know who n dubz are then this is really quite funny. The mash up voice over is made up from clips of Prof. Brian Cox's narrative of Wonders of the Universe.

youtube.com/watch?v=W6Z7fai8MuU&feature=related

WARNING IT MAYBE A BIT EDGY AT TIMES SO DON'T WATCH IF YOU MAY BE OFFENDED.

Who does this to a classic rock song. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:
rollcast said:
Who does this to a classic rock song. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Daniihyo, apparently.

Personally, I went back to singer-songwriter and life performances over the last decade. A lot of Amy Winehouse when it comes to English music, and old (Hendrix/Reed) and local stuff no American would appreciate. (I am pretty sure Dutch 'schlager' is the equivalent of cats yodeling for an American.) For the rest, I've always had an eclectic and progressive taste in all kinds of music.

Worst music: I can't stand most metal, most house, most current day pop. Or the latest in contemporary 'classic' music. Or nineties ballads.

So worst for me is probably Dirty Dancing's 'Time of my life.'

lisab said:
Shania Twain, That Don't Impress Me Much. It's godawful over-produced garbage (like most of what passes for pop-country music).
I listened to this one on YouTube and I must say that I don't think it's necessarily over-produced. It's sort of catchy, the musicianship is top level, and overall I liked it better than, say, the recently posted Detroit Rock City by Kiss. But I wouldn't buy it or bother to download it free from the internet, or even listen to it again.

Pop country, or country pop, is, to me, sort of not offensive and not distracting elevator music -- nowhere near the subterranian level of badness exemplified by Yoko Ono's meanderings, imho.

You want to hear some really bad music? I'm going to try to find some freeform jazz played by not very accomplished musicians. Stay tuned.

Shania's music was over-produced and massaged right to death. Still, it was OK to listen to on FM. I can't believe that Mutt Lange cheated on that cutie with her "best friend", but that's what you get sometimes.

turbo said:
Shania's music was over-produced and massaged right to death. Still, it was OK to listen to on FM. I can't believe that Mutt Lange cheated on that cutie with her "best friend", but that's what you get sometimes.
Yeah, what was he thinking?? :smile:

ThomasT said:
Yeah, what was he thinking?? :smile:
Not thinking with the "big" head, apparently.

Shania was probably out on a tour, and Mutt thought "any port in a storm". I don't get it, either, but that's just me. Whose bed have your boots been under?

Last edited:
"Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith, anyone? It's definitely the most annoying song that I've heard in a LONG time.

turbo said:
Not thinking with the "big" head, apparently.

Shania was probably out on a tour, and Mutt thought "any port in a storm". I don't get it, either, but that's just me. Whose bed have your boots been under?
I was being a bit sarcastic. I remember cheating on an old girlfriend (who found out via our nosey neighbor). The next day she suddenly started hitting me. So, I explained that, according to mouse experiments, it might be inferred that male mammals are creatures of lust particularly susceptible to varietal stimuli. To which she replied (somewhat sarcastically), "Oh, I never thought of it THAT WAY before!" And then proceeded to hit me some more. Anyway, I certainly learned my lesson, and was, in the future, much more careful when cheating.

burklegirl said:
"Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith, anyone? It's definitely the most annoying song that I've heard in a LONG time.
The "I whip my hair back and forth" sections are almost Yoko Onoish. Extremely annoying. But the other parts aren't all that bad, imho. And the ending was quite humorous.

Anyway, it inspires countless ditties wrt the whipping back and forth of various body parts, household utensils, etc.

burklegirl said:
It's definitely the most annoying song that I've heard in a LONG time.
Listen to some Yoko Ono stuff.

ThomasT said:
The "I whip my hair back and forth" sections are almost Yoko Onoish. Extremely annoying. But the other parts aren't all that bad, imho. And the ending was quite humorous.

Anyway, it inspires countless ditties wrt the whipping back and forth of various body parts, household utensils, etc.

Yes, agreed... it's not the entire song that annoys me, just the "whip my hair back and forth" part that seems to be never-ending. I'd take listening to "Whip my Hair" over some of the rap that's popular today.

Did you see the Jimmy Fallon "Whip my Hair" spoof? Very humorous.

burklegirl said:
Yes, agreed... it's not the entire song that annoys me, just the "whip my hair back and forth" part that never seems to be never-ending. I'd take listening to "Whip my Hair" over some of the rap that's popular today.

Did you see the Jimmy Fallon "Whip my Hair" spoof? Very humorous.
Just watched it. He's doing it as Neil Young. Not bad. And then Bruce Springsteen comes on. :smile:

By the way, you might want to be careful of phrases like "never seems to be never-ending" here at PF. You can be temporarily banned for that. Especially if Evo is on duty.

ThomasT said:
By the way, you might want to be careful of phrases like "never seems to be never-ending" here at PF. You can be temporarily banned for that. Especially if Evo is on duty.

I didn't even notice that I made that sort of typo, opps! :eek:

I'm usually quite stern with my grammar. Thank you for letting me know about that! I just joined a little bit ago, so I'm still getting the gist of things.

burklegirl said:
I didn't even notice that I made that sort of typo, opps! :eek:

I'm usually quite stern with my grammar. Thank you for letting me know about that! I just joined a little bit ago, so I'm still getting the gist of things.
Ok. I was just kidding about being banned for grammatical, phraseological, or typographical errors, by the way. Banning is usually the result of profanity, unduly speculative assertions, conspiracy theories, and statements against Israel. As long as you don't do any of that, then you should be ok. But of course it depends on which moderators are on duty and their current emotional disposition. :smile:

Now back to posting some really bad music.

ThomasT said:
Ok. I was just kidding about being banned for grammatical, phraseological, or typographical errors, by the way. Banning is usually the result of profanity, unduly speculative assertions, conspiracy theories, and statements against Israel. As long as you don't do any of that, then you should be ok. But of course it depends on which moderators are on duty and their current emotional disposition. :smile:

I genuinely was a little squeamish for a minute! Thank you for clearing that up though! I did edit that post. I'm usually quite rigid with my grammar. However after grading 2 papers, my brain was beginning to lag.

I don't find any interest, nor speak or think about those at anytime therefore I think I will be okay. :smile:

William Shatner - - - - "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" (a dramatic reading of the lyrics of the song)

Leonard Nimoy - - - - "The Ballad Of Bilbo Baggins"

burklegirl said:
I genuinely was a little squeamish for a minute! Thank you for clearing that up though! I did edit that post. I'm usually quite rigid with my grammar. However after grading 2 papers, my brain was beginning to lag.
My brain began to noticeably lag in the early 80's (wrt the date, not my age), and, as far as I can tell, hasn't caught up yet.

checkitagain said:
William Shatner - - - - "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" (a dramatic reading of the lyrics of the song)

Leonard Nimoy - - - - "The Ballad Of Bilbo Baggins"
Yeah, those are really bad. At first I thought we might be dealing with anti-Star Trek bias (which, by the way, is not tolerated at PF), but on listening I would have to say that they're way down there. Yoko Ono level? No. But definitely annoying.

There's so much bad music that this thread could go on for ever and ever.

ThomasT said:
There's so much bad music that this thread could go on for ever and ever.

And probably will if Britney Spears, Ke$ha, or Justin Bieber keep trying to make music.

I am not really sure if these guys ever really meant for their music to be "good". This one always makes me laugh

TheStatutoryApe said:
I am not really sure if these guys ever really meant for their music to be "good". This one always makes me laugh
:smile: Definitely a keeper.

daveb said:
And probably will if Britney Spears, Ke$ha, or Justin Bieber keep trying to make music.
Yeah, et al. The stuff is good in a certain sense I suppose. They're talented singers, but the stuff is just so formulaic ... ish. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm a musician and really don't like most vocal music. Some I do like. But it's got to be musically interesting as well as really well sung.