The new Exploratorium opens in San Francisco

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, the new Exploratorium in San Francisco is a hands-on science museum that opened on April 17, 2013. It offers over 600 interactive exhibits covering various scientific topics, outdoor exhibits, a tinkering studio, and a theater for live science demonstrations. The museum is suitable for all ages and offers ticket purchases online or at the ticket counter, as well as memberships and group rates.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe I was in SF last year while it was being built! I'm lucky to have a Discovery World in my city. Lots of fun and it's neat to watch kids interact.

What is the new Exploratorium in San Francisco?

The new Exploratorium is a hands-on science museum located in San Francisco, California. It is a space for visitors of all ages to explore, experiment, and learn about science through interactive exhibits, programs, and events.

When did the new Exploratorium open?

The new Exploratorium opened on April 17, 2013.

What can visitors expect to see at the new Exploratorium?

Visitors can expect to see over 600 interactive exhibits that cover a wide range of scientific topics such as biology, physics, chemistry, and more. The museum also has outdoor exhibits, a tinkering studio, and a theater for live science demonstrations.

Is the new Exploratorium suitable for all ages?

Yes, the new Exploratorium is designed for visitors of all ages. It offers exhibits and programs that cater to both children and adults, making it a fun and educational experience for all.

How can I get tickets to visit the new Exploratorium?

Tickets can be purchased online through the museum's website or at the ticket counter on the day of your visit. The museum also offers memberships and group rates for those interested in visiting frequently or with a larger group.

Back