The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure

In summary, "The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure" is a children's book by Hans Magnus Enzensberger that follows the story of a boy named Robert and his encounters with a mathematical creature in his dreams. It covers real mathematical concepts such as prime numbers, Fibonacci sequence, and the Pythagorean theorem, but also incorporates fictional elements to make it entertaining. The book is recommended for children aged 10 and above, but can also be enjoyed by younger children with adult assistance and even adults who want to refresh their math skills. Its unique storytelling approach and creative illustrations make math more engaging and can help improve math skills. Additionally, the book has gained popularity among readers of all ages worldwide.

How much have you interacted with the book?

• I've heard of it.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I've seen it in [please explain where].

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I've read it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've read it and suggested someone to read it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven't heard about that book in my life

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Weissritter
HE'S A DEMON!
Yep, a Demon, a Teufel if you like. Have you read this book there ↑ ?
Plain statiscal question for statistical answers.
Anything not covered in the poll shall be posted here. Go wild.

41CkMhOnClL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I've seen it because you showed me it before =D.

What is "The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure"?

"The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure" is a children's book written by Hans Magnus Enzensberger. It tells the story of a young boy named Robert who encounters a mathematical creature called the Number Devil in his dreams. The book aims to make math fun and interesting for young readers.

Is "The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure" based on real mathematical concepts?

Yes, the book is based on real mathematical concepts and principles. It covers topics such as prime numbers, Fibonacci sequence, and the Pythagorean theorem. However, the author has also incorporated some fictional elements to make the book more entertaining for children.

What age group is "The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure" suitable for?

"The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure" is recommended for children aged 10 and above. However, younger children may also enjoy the book with the help of an adult. The book can also be a fun read for adults who want to refresh their knowledge of basic math concepts.

Can "The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure" help improve math skills?

Yes, the book can be a helpful tool for improving math skills. Its unique storytelling approach and creative illustrations can make math more engaging and easier to understand for children. It can also spark an interest in math and encourage children to explore further on their own.

Is "The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure" only for children?

While the book was written primarily for children, it can also be enjoyed by adults who are interested in math or want to improve their understanding of basic mathematical concepts. The book has been translated into multiple languages and has gained popularity worldwide among readers of all ages.