1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The photoelectric effect report

1. Jul 15, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    So I recently performed the photoelectric effect experiment in my physics class, where we measured the stopping voltage at different wavelengths of light by using filters with different levels of grating.
    I measured the stopping voltage and plotted them on a graph against frequency to gain values for (h) experimental plancks constant, threshold frequency and the work function

I have come to the point where I need to write a conclusion but I can't think of anything that I have concluded by the use of these formula, which supports my hypothesis.

2. Relevant equations
    f0 = W/h
    W = hf0

3. The attempt at a solution
    I know that as the wavelength of light is changed , it will cause a change in the stopping voltage. But I need a way to explain this in terms of my graphical data, which evaluates the information I recorded by observing the experiment. So far all I can conclude is that a change in the independent variable causes a increase or decrease in the dependent variable which was expected.

I need some more key points which show a deeper understanding of the concept in this experiment and the photoelectric effect.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to what I should be looking for and discussing in this report?
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2013 #2

ehild

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted