The political future of Chelsea Clinton

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Future
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
Will we, and if so, when will we see Chelsea emerge as a political candidate? She is smart, poised, and impressive with crowds. And what a political education she has had for a person so young! What an advantage she would have. She may know more about politics than most politicians.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
http://thewickedpinto.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/chelsea-clinton.jpg

Invisible Sandwich!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! I want to see a Presidential debate between Chelsea Clinton and George P. Bush. This is the battle America has truly been waiting for.

2016 would probably be way too early, but it could be an interesting match-up - Clinton vying to become the first woman President and Bush vying to become the first President of Hispanic descent.
 
I was thinking more along the lines of Congresswoman.

Not that I am anxious to see any more Clintons, and God knows I NEVER want to see another Bush, but Chelsea appears to be in training.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Will we, and if so, when will we see Chelsea emerge as a political candidate? She is smart, poised, and impressive with crowds. And what a political education she has had for a person so young! What an advantage she would have. She may know more about politics than most politicians.

It's surely the family business at this point, and aside from palling around with Mom and Dad she should be seen as relatively untainted. As I recall from the no more than 2 times I've heard her, it seems she can speak in complete sentences too.
 
Seriously, that's almost like wanting the Clintons to become full-fledged aristocrats.
 
There is no way to know what she may have to offer until she tries a run for office.
 
Werg22 said:
Seriously, that's almost like wanting the Clintons to become full-fledged aristocrats.

Who said anything about "wanting"? It is only an observation.

I already got my President.
 
Werg22 said:
Seriously, that's almost like wanting the Clintons to become full-fledged aristocrats.

Aristocracy? Not at all.

She is advantaged to be sure by the experience of living in the household, and likely she has seen more than a lot of what to do and not do from the inside. As to whether she ultimately chooses to make her way in politics remains to be seen.

At this point she has two important things going for her - name recognition and know-how, that includes A-list references for getting opportunities and two shrewd parents to give her advice. Most politicians would be envious at starting there.

But she still has to want to do it and perform and demonstrate competence or she will marginalize herself and be little more than a celebrity Paris Hilton playing at politics.
 
I think she has already started to get a reputation as a b****.
Our government actually enforces a strict ban on unwanted media exposure of Chelsea. The have gone so far as to even shut down small fan sites containing nothing more than what is released in mainstream media.
She also apparently told a very young girl "I don't do interviews" when the girl asked to do so for an elementary school project. To her face even, the request did not come by mail or email, she asked in person.
 
Proton Soup said:
i couldn't agree less. there are plenty of ways for her to show what she has without actually running for office.

Okay then, tell me her political views in detail.

so far, it sounds like she doesn't like science and has had a few http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Clinton#Life_after_the_Clinton_presidency".

Actually, based on your link, she is a very accomplished young woman.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
TheStatutoryApe said:
I think she has already started to get a reputation as a b****.
Our government actually enforces a strict ban on unwanted media exposure of Chelsea. The have gone so far as to even shut down small fan sites containing nothing more than what is released in mainstream media.
She also apparently told a very young girl "I don't do interviews" when the girl asked to do so for an elementary school project. To her face even, the request did not come by mail or email, she asked in person.

You are going to have to provide a source for your claim about the government controlling information. Also, I wasn't aware that she had a reputation. I do know that she was very popular on the campaign trail and drew large crowds at colleges.

What is your point about the interviews? Is she required to give interviews?
 
Boy, for someone we know very little about, the Chelsea bashing sure didn't take long. You all must see her as a real threat.
 
She's Hitler, basically. Adolf Hitler with a perm.
⚛​
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Okay then, tell me her political views in detail.

Actually, based on your link, she is a very accomplished young woman.

i read it differently, that chemistry was too hard for her. and that she received positions for which she is unqualified because her father was president, and mother is a senator.

Ivan Seeking said:
Boy, for someone we know very little about, the Chelsea bashing sure didn't take long. You all must see her as a real threat.

no, you're putting her on a pedestal, and I'm knocking her down for you.
 
But she played with dollies in the White House! That constitutes being ready for President!
 
WarPhalange said:
But she played with dollies in the White House! That constitutes being ready for President!

Plus who knows but that she may actually have seen Russia from actually being there.

At least she likely didn't just get a passport a year or so ago.
 
LowlyPion said:
Plus who knows but that she may actually have seen Russia from actually being there.

At least she likely didn't just get a passport a year or so ago.

gee, i don't have a passport, either
 
Proton Soup said:
gee, i don't have a passport, either

If you ever hope to be a Vice-Presidential nominee then it could become a factor.
 
LowlyPion said:
Plus who knows but that she may actually have seen Russia from actually being there.

At least she likely didn't just get a passport a year or so ago.

You know who else saw Russia from actually being there? The crapload of Russian immigrants here in the US. But no, you people have to have a "pure" American run for office, not someone who hopped around from country to country or something like that all his life.

Okay, she saw Russia. So what? How many people go to Europe on vacation or for business? Does that give them any sort of foreign policy experience? PROTIP: "The French like to haggle" doesn't count as foreign policy experience.

And Jesus Christ, the only reason she's better than some other kid is because she saw other countries? Why don't we just get some kid who lived in another country for a while, but was still born here? I'm sure there are better candidates if that's all you're going by.
 
WarPhalange said:
Why don't we just get some kid who lived in another country for a while, but was still born here? I'm sure there are better candidates if that's all you're going by.

Of course we already have a President Elect that fits that qualification, but then I'm sure you already know that.

As to the rest you'll get no argument from me that seeing or even having been in a foreign country would be a sufficient or even a necessary qualification. If it hadn't been for the retarded argument foisted to claim Sarah Palin had foreign policy experience because of what she could see through a pair of binoculars from somewhere in her state, I rather doubt anyone would be even talking about it as a consideration.
 
haha wow! at least let the woman run for office 1st and then start bashing... looks like Chelsea scares a lot of people, not bad for a person that hasnt done much... haha
 
Proton Soup said:
no, you're putting her on a pedestal, and I'm knocking her down for you.

I'm doing no such thing. For one, I know very little about her. I have no idea if I would like her as a politician, or not. And I haven't been a big Clinton fan for a decade. I was simply stating the fact that she has unavoidably gained a unique and valuable perspective on politics. Undeniably, she has leared how to campaign as she was very active in her mother's campaign. Whether this means that she has also learned the skills that would make her an effective politician is another matter altogether. Still, no one can deny the unique position that she enjoys, if she chooses to pursue politics. And if she has worked to capitalize on her parent's experience, and if she is smart, as she seems to be, then she could indeed be a formidable politician from day 1.

Frankly, I don't care if a politician was good at Chemistry. I can think of few tests that apply less. Now, if she was C student, like GW, then I would take pause, as I did with GW, and rightfully so.
 
at least i have planted a seed of doubt in your mind about how smart she might be.

thing is, what exactly makes someone a good politician? is it a high IQ, or a high EQ?
 
Perhaps a high BBQ? I believe that's how Bush got in.
⚛​
 
Ivan Seeking said:
You are going to have to provide a source for your claim about the government controlling information. Also, I wasn't aware that she had a reputation. I do know that she was very popular on the campaign trail and drew large crowds at colleges.
Sorry I looked for the sources when I orginally postyed and my connection didn't like the sites for some reason...

http://www.freedomforum.org/templates/document.asp?documentID=11296
Can't find the original article that I read, its been a while. Might have been the Washington Post article mentioned in this one but I can't find that at the moment. This one is less accusing but still suspicious.
edit: admittedly during my search for that story there do currently seem to be several fan sites.

Ivan said:
What is your point about the interviews? Is she required to give interviews?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22451068/
I'm not talking about giving interviews in general. I'm talking about a successful young woman with a successful mother, both role models for young women everywhere, snubbing a nine year old girl trying to follow her dream of being a reporter.
That's just sad and antithetical to her image in my opinion.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking said:
Boy, for someone we know very little about, the Chelsea bashing sure didn't take long. You all must see her as a real threat.
You started the thread, Ivan.

Boy, for someone we know very little about, the Chelsea political future watch sure didn't take long. You must see her as a real possibility.
I'm doing no such thing. For one, I know very little about her.
And "for someone we know very little about" that you "know very little about", you sure had some glowing things to say about her in the OP!

Is she smart? Probably. Poised? Relatively poised for a 20 something, but not poised enough to avoid the gag she was given when she stuck her foot in her mouth! I suppose if being the wife of a president is a qualification, then being the daughter of a president should be too, but realistically she has no experience.

I have a generally favorable opinion of her, but that's mostly because since "we know very little about" her, about all I know is that she's reasonably good looking. I have a soft spot for redheads. That's not enough to vote for her, though.

This is a dumb/pointless thread. Not worthy of PF. You should know beter, Ivan.
 
Last edited: