The political future of Chelsea Clinton

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Future
In summary, Chelsea Clinton has been discussed as a potential political candidate due to her intelligence, poise, and experience in politics at a young age. While some believe she may have an advantage with her family connections, others argue that she still needs to demonstrate competence and desire to run for office. Some have criticized her for not giving interviews or for not excelling in certain subjects, while others praise her accomplishments and popularity on the campaign trail. Ultimately, it remains to be seen if Chelsea Clinton will pursue a career in politics.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Will we, and if so, when will we see Chelsea emerge as a political candidate? She is smart, poised, and impressive with crowds. And what a political education she has had for a person so young! What an advantage she would have. She may know more about politics than most politicians.

Physics news on Phys.org
http://thewickedpinto.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/chelsea-clinton.jpg

Invisible Sandwich!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! I want to see a Presidential debate between Chelsea Clinton and George P. Bush. This is the battle America has truly been waiting for.

2016 would probably be way too early, but it could be an interesting match-up - Clinton vying to become the first woman President and Bush vying to become the first President of Hispanic descent.

I was thinking more along the lines of Congresswoman.

Not that I am anxious to see any more Clintons, and God knows I NEVER want to see another Bush, but Chelsea appears to be in training.

Ivan Seeking said:
Will we, and if so, when will we see Chelsea emerge as a political candidate? She is smart, poised, and impressive with crowds. And what a political education she has had for a person so young! What an advantage she would have. She may know more about politics than most politicians.

It's surely the family business at this point, and aside from palling around with Mom and Dad she should be seen as relatively untainted. As I recall from the no more than 2 times I've heard her, it seems she can speak in complete sentences too.

Seriously, that's almost like wanting the Clintons to become full-fledged aristocrats.

:rolleyes: so she has people skills, that's great.

There is no way to know what she may have to offer until she tries a run for office.

Werg22 said:
Seriously, that's almost like wanting the Clintons to become full-fledged aristocrats.

Who said anything about "wanting"? It is only an observation.

I already got my President.

Werg22 said:

Aristocracy? Not at all.

She is advantaged to be sure by the experience of living in the household, and likely she has seen more than a lot of what to do and not do from the inside. As to whether she ultimately chooses to make her way in politics remains to be seen.

At this point she has two important things going for her - name recognition and know-how, that includes A-list references for getting opportunities and two shrewd parents to give her advice. Most politicians would be envious at starting there.

But she still has to want to do it and perform and demonstrate competence or she will marginalize herself and be little more than a celebrity Paris Hilton playing at politics.

I think she has already started to get a reputation as a b****.
Our government actually enforces a strict ban on unwanted media exposure of Chelsea. The have gone so far as to even shut down small fan sites containing nothing more than what is released in mainstream media.
She also apparently told a very young girl "I don't do interviews" when the girl asked to do so for an elementary school project. To her face even, the request did not come by mail or email, she asked in person.

Proton Soup said:
i couldn't agree less. there are plenty of ways for her to show what she has without actually running for office.

Okay then, tell me her political views in detail.

so far, it sounds like she doesn't like science and has had a few http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Clinton#Life_after_the_Clinton_presidency".

Actually, based on your link, she is a very accomplished young woman.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Our government actually enforces a strict ban on unwanted media exposure of Chelsea. The have gone so far as to even shut down small fan sites containing nothing more than what is released in mainstream media.
She also apparently told a very young girl "I don't do interviews" when the girl asked to do so for an elementary school project. To her face even, the request did not come by mail or email, she asked in person.

You are going to have to provide a source for your claim about the government controlling information. Also, I wasn't aware that she had a reputation. I do know that she was very popular on the campaign trail and drew large crowds at colleges.

What is your point about the interviews? Is she required to give interviews?

Boy, for someone we know very little about, the Chelsea bashing sure didn't take long. You all must see her as a real threat.

She's Hitler, basically. Adolf Hitler with a perm.

Ivan Seeking said:
Okay then, tell me her political views in detail.

Actually, based on your link, she is a very accomplished young woman.

i read it differently, that chemistry was too hard for her. and that she received positions for which she is unqualified because her father was president, and mother is a senator.

Ivan Seeking said:
Boy, for someone we know very little about, the Chelsea bashing sure didn't take long. You all must see her as a real threat.

no, you're putting her on a pedestal, and I'm knocking her down for you.

But she played with dollies in the White House! That constitutes being ready for President!

WarPhalange said:
But she played with dollies in the White House! That constitutes being ready for President!

Plus who knows but that she may actually have seen Russia from actually being there.

At least she likely didn't just get a passport a year or so ago.

LowlyPion said:
Plus who knows but that she may actually have seen Russia from actually being there.

gee, i don't have a passport, either

Proton Soup said:
gee, i don't have a passport, either

If you ever hope to be a Vice-Presidential nominee then it could become a factor.

i should be alright, then

LowlyPion said:

You know who else saw Russia from actually being there? The crapload of Russian immigrants here in the US. But no, you people have to have a "pure" American run for office, not someone who hopped around from country to country or something like that all his life.

Okay, she saw Russia. So what? How many people go to Europe on vacation or for business? Does that give them any sort of foreign policy experience? PROTIP: "The French like to haggle" doesn't count as foreign policy experience.

And Jesus Christ, the only reason she's better than some other kid is because she saw other countries? Why don't we just get some kid who lived in another country for a while, but was still born here? I'm sure there are better candidates if that's all you're going by.

WarPhalange said:
Why don't we just get some kid who lived in another country for a while, but was still born here? I'm sure there are better candidates if that's all you're going by.

Of course we already have a President Elect that fits that qualification, but then I'm sure you already know that.

As to the rest you'll get no argument from me that seeing or even having been in a foreign country would be a sufficient or even a necessary qualification. If it hadn't been for the retarded argument foisted to claim Sarah Palin had foreign policy experience because of what she could see through a pair of binoculars from somewhere in her state, I rather doubt anyone would be even talking about it as a consideration.

haha wow! at least let the woman run for office 1st and then start bashing... looks like Chelsea scares a lot of people, not bad for a person that hasnt done much... haha

Proton Soup said:
no, you're putting her on a pedestal, and I'm knocking her down for you.

I'm doing no such thing. For one, I know very little about her. I have no idea if I would like her as a politician, or not. And I haven't been a big Clinton fan for a decade. I was simply stating the fact that she has unavoidably gained a unique and valuable perspective on politics. Undeniably, she has leared how to campaign as she was very active in her mother's campaign. Whether this means that she has also learned the skills that would make her an effective politician is another matter altogether. Still, no one can deny the unique position that she enjoys, if she chooses to pursue politics. And if she has worked to capitalize on her parent's experience, and if she is smart, as she seems to be, then she could indeed be a formidable politician from day 1.

Frankly, I don't care if a politician was good at Chemistry. I can think of few tests that apply less. Now, if she was C student, like GW, then I would take pause, as I did with GW, and rightfully so.

at least i have planted a seed of doubt in your mind about how smart she might be.

thing is, what exactly makes someone a good politician? is it a high IQ, or a high EQ?

Perhaps a high BBQ? I believe that's how Bush got in.

Ivan Seeking said:
You are going to have to provide a source for your claim about the government controlling information. Also, I wasn't aware that she had a reputation. I do know that she was very popular on the campaign trail and drew large crowds at colleges.
Sorry I looked for the sources when I orginally postyed and my connection didn't like the sites for some reason...

http://www.freedomforum.org/templates/document.asp?documentID=11296
Can't find the original article that I read, its been a while. Might have been the Washington Post article mentioned in this one but I can't find that at the moment. This one is less accusing but still suspicious.
edit: admittedly during my search for that story there do currently seem to be several fan sites.

Ivan said:
What is your point about the interviews? Is she required to give interviews?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22451068/
I'm not talking about giving interviews in general. I'm talking about a successful young woman with a successful mother, both role models for young women everywhere, snubbing a nine year old girl trying to follow her dream of being a reporter.
That's just sad and antithetical to her image in my opinion.

Ivan Seeking said:
You started the thread, Ivan.

Boy, for someone we know very little about, the Chelsea political future watch sure didn't take long. You must see her as a real possibility.
I'm doing no such thing. For one, I know very little about her.
And "for someone we know very little about" that you "know very little about", you sure had some glowing things to say about her in the OP!

Is she smart? Probably. Poised? Relatively poised for a 20 something, but not poised enough to avoid the gag she was given when she stuck her foot in her mouth! I suppose if being the wife of a president is a qualification, then being the daughter of a president should be too, but realistically she has no experience.

I have a generally favorable opinion of her, but that's mostly because since "we know very little about" her, about all I know is that she's reasonably good looking. I have a soft spot for redheads. That's not enough to vote for her, though.

This is a dumb/pointless thread. Not worthy of PF. You should know beter, Ivan.

Last edited:
Uh oh! Someone has a crush! :!)

WarPhalange said:
http://thewickedpinto.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/chelsea-clinton.jpg

Invisible Sandwich!

:rofl:

sorry i missed this before. you're my "hero".

Hmmm... so Chelsea became a vegetarian at age 11... if you write that V11 it looks like VII, the Roman numeral seven... If you think about the major Dem candidates in the primary, who did we have at the beginning there? Obama, Hillary, Edwards, Kucinich, Richardson, Biden, Dodd, and Gravel... that's eight but if we don't count Hillary, because she's Chelsea's mother, that leaves seven and that matches.

WAIT!
Book of Revelations said:
Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.
  • The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. There are also seven kings.
That was the beginning of the Primary, with seven male candidates the "seven kings" and Hillary sitting on top of them, the expected winner early-on.
  • Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come.
That was when everyone had fallen behind except Obama... the one who is! Is president now! And Edwards... the one who had not yet come... that was before his affair, right?
  • And when he comes, he must continue a short time.
Well, long enough to get her pregnant, anyways.
  • The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.
The beast that was, was in the White House - Hillary as First Lady - and is not, through perdition lost the primary and is not in the White House now.

That makes Hillary the beast who is of the seven, this time it's the VII from Chelsea becoming a vegetarian at age 11. Which means... Hillary is of the seven, she's the mother of the seven, of the... ZOMG CHELSEA CLINTON IS THE ANTICHRIST!11!

TheStatutoryApe said:

You probably mispoke when you blamed the government. It was more an unofficial agreement between the candidates and the major news organizations to lay off the candidates' families to a certain extent. An agreement some of the news organizations chafed at when those family members became part of the campaign.

David Shuster was suspended by MSNBC for saying the Clintons were pimping out their daughter on the campaing trail.
OIxgw04Y0Fc[/youtube] I'm not su...s as long as they stayed out of the campaign.

russ_watters said:
You started the thread, Ivan.

Boy, for someone we know very little about, the Chelsea political future watch sure didn't take long. You must see her as a real possibility. And "for someone we know very little about" that you "know very little about", you sure had some glowing things to say about her in the OP!

me said:

That is glowing? How does this constitute "glowing". I said smart, poised, and impressive with crowds. And her unique political education is undeniable. This is hardly a declaration of support.

Is she smart? Probably. Poised? Relatively poised for a 20 something, but not poised enough to avoid the gag she was given when she stuck her foot in her mouth! I suppose if being the wife of a president is a qualification, then being the daughter of a president should be too, but realistically she has no experience.

Did I say that she has experience? Did I say that she should run as President? No. I even specified that we can't know if she is truly viable until she tries a run.

I have a generally favorable opinion of her, but that's mostly because since "we know very little about" her, about all I know is that she's reasonably good looking. I have a soft spot for redheads. That's not enough to vote for her, though.

Did I say that anyone should vote for her? No.

This is a dumb/pointless thread. Not worthy of PF. You should know beter, Ivan.

To be blunt, why don't you cut the crap and stop lying about other people's positions.

1. What is Chelsea Clinton's political background?

Chelsea Clinton is the daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. She has been involved in politics since a young age, attending political events and campaigning for her parents. She also holds a Bachelor's degree in history from Stanford University and a Master's degree in public health from Columbia University.

2. Has Chelsea Clinton expressed interest in running for office?

While Chelsea Clinton has not officially announced any plans to run for office, she has been actively involved in political discussions and has not ruled out the possibility in the future. She has also been rumored to be considering a run for Congress or the Senate in the future.

3. What are Chelsea Clinton's political views?

Chelsea Clinton has been known to hold more liberal views, aligning with the Democratic party like her parents. She has been a vocal advocate for women's rights, healthcare reform, and climate change action. However, she has also expressed a desire for more bipartisan collaboration in politics.

4. How likely is it that Chelsea Clinton will run for office in the near future?

It is difficult to say for certain, as Chelsea Clinton has not made any official announcements. However, given her involvement in politics and her family's political background, it is possible that she may consider running for office in the future.

5. What are the potential challenges for Chelsea Clinton if she were to run for office?

As the daughter of two prominent political figures, Chelsea Clinton may face scrutiny and comparisons to her parents. Additionally, she may face challenges in establishing her own political identity and gaining support from voters who may view her as a product of her family's legacy. She may also face criticism for her lack of experience in elected office.