The Role of Friend Requests in Online Forums

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Messages
7,864
Reaction score
1,605
What are friends for? - I mean the kind that friend requests establish on the forum. I think this is the only forum I belong to that has the feature of friend requests. I don't understand if declaring someone a friend has any important functional significance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Stephen Tashi said:
What are friends for? - I mean the kind that friend requests establish on the forum. I think this is the only forum I belong to that has the feature of friend requests. I don't understand if declaring someone a friend has any important functional significance.
No, I think once it might have had the option to limit some things to "freinds", but now I think all it does is put them on your list and they will have a + next to their name when you see them in the member's online list.