The things you wish your instructor should have done in your class

• Thread starter madah12
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Do you think there was a problem with the way you were taught a certain subject? how would you have wanted it?I would have wanted my physics instructor to focus on the concepts more than the exercises and to try to make less careless mistakes in solving them.
Also is there something that your teacher did to teach the subject that you particularly liked?

Answers and Replies

I actually have the opposite problem. Most of my professors only do theory.I would prefer if they would do only hard problems and teach interesting ways to look at problems in the field and tricks to efficiently solve them.I can get the derivations of the theory in the textbook.

My current diff eq proffesor uses powerpoint. It does make everything organized and allows us to look back at his work (he posts them online). However, since he doesnt actually do them out by hand I find it difficult to follow some times. I wish he would do them out by hand and post the slides for later reference. Also, since he has slides he tends to go to fast for many students (myself included) to follow.