The Unfortunate Reality of Economic Slavery

In summary, the author believes that the money system is controlled by corrupt people, and that basic survival should be covered for everyone on the planet.
EdTheHead
I have to gain a real deep understanding of everything I'm learning in university and luckily for me I don't have to work to survive so I can put all day every day into learning which is what I like to do because I love learning about scientific fields. How do other people that aren't as fortunate as me manage to get college degrees though? I'd say there are plenty of people who would become scientists and change the world for the better but they can't because most of their time goes into survival. We seem to be economically enslaved and it doesn't have to be this way because with the knowledge we have today basic survival can be covered for every single person on the planet. I suspect foul play from the people involved in the maintenance of the monetary system and other control structures.

Physics news on Phys.org
EdTheHead said:
I have to gain a real deep understanding of everything I'm learning in university and luckily for me I don't have to work to survive so I can put all day every day into learning which is what I like to do because I love learning about scientific fields. How do other people that aren't as fortunate as me manage to get college degrees though? I'd say there are plenty of people who would become scientists and change the world for the better but they can't because most of their time goes into survival. We seem to be economically enslaved and it doesn't have to be this way because with the knowledge we have today basic survival can be covered for every single person on the planet. I suspect foul play from the people involved in the maintenance of the monetary system and other control structures.

hiiiiiiii
Its good that there are people like you and me still around .....
I share the same thinking (almost I guess )

The seems like it belongs less in 'Academic Guidance' and more in the general section. This section is for school, not for crackpot theories about government.

Related to The Unfortunate Reality of Economic Slavery

What is economic slavery?

Economic slavery is a term used to describe a situation where individuals or groups are trapped in a cycle of poverty and exploitation, often due to systemic and structural barriers such as lack of access to education, job opportunities, and resources. It refers to a state where individuals are unable to break free from economic oppression and are forced to work for little or no pay, often under unsafe and inhumane conditions.

What are the causes of economic slavery?

There are various factors that contribute to economic slavery, including historical and systemic inequalities, lack of government regulation and protection, exploitation by corporations, and unequal distribution of resources. Other factors such as discrimination, social and cultural norms, and lack of education and opportunities can also play a role in perpetuating economic slavery.

How does economic slavery affect individuals and societies?

Economic slavery has a profound impact on individuals, families, and societies as a whole. It can lead to a lack of social mobility, perpetuate cycles of poverty, and increase the risk of human rights violations. It also contributes to income and wealth inequality, which can have detrimental effects on the overall well-being and stability of a society.

What can be done to address economic slavery?

Addressing economic slavery requires a multi-faceted approach involving government policies, social and systemic changes, and individual actions. Some solutions may include implementing fair labor laws, providing access to education and job training, promoting equal distribution of resources, and holding corporations accountable for their actions. It also requires addressing underlying issues such as discrimination and systemic inequalities.

What role can science play in addressing economic slavery?

Science can play a crucial role in addressing economic slavery by providing data, evidence, and solutions to help policymakers and organizations make informed decisions. It can also contribute to understanding the root causes of economic slavery and developing effective strategies to combat it. Additionally, science can help raise awareness and educate the public about the issue of economic slavery and its impact on individuals and societies.