1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Theoretical Physics grad school

1. Jan 15, 2012 #1
    Hi,
    I have my BS in Physics and Math from the University of MN, 3 years of experimental physics research experience but no publications, about 3.85 technical GPA (but very close to 4 in Physics classes), and a good GRE Physics score.
    I want to go to grad school for theoretical physics, though I don´t have specific research interests, really. I have taken QM and an Introductory Particle physics course at the graduate level and found both of those to be very interesting, but I don´t want to limit myself before I have taken other courses at that level.
    So basically I want a graduate program with widespread theoretical research where I will be able to get a good general education. I can think of many schools I´d like to go to (UChicago, MIT, Caltech, Princeton) but obviously I don´t have a great shot at any of those and so should apply to schools a tier lower. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2012 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

UT at Austin

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook