Thermodynamics - again, Part of the ice that melt :S

  • Thread starter Thread starter Planck const
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ice Thermodynamics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Planck const
Messages
15
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Stamp of iron the his mass - M and temp' - T0 (T0>100 C deg') has been placed on cube of ice.

The mass of the ice - m, the temp' - t0 = 0 C deg'


How many present of the ice get melt?

Homework Equations



Q = mc[itex]\Delta[/itex]t

The Attempt at a Solution



If I let all the ice getting melt, I got one equation with one unknown size - T (end)

But if I define constant K that representative the presents of the ice that melt... I got two unknown sizes - K and T (end)

What I supposed to do?!

Thanks in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Without actual numbers to put in the variables there are a number of different outcomes possible. Perhaps you are expected to identify and show formulas for all of the possibilities?