Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Thieves steal truck with President's equipment

1. Oct 18, 2011 #1
    ok, now this is crazy. the story, obviously, is that "A truck carrying President Obama's Presidential seals, podiums and $200,000 worth of audio equipment is stolen north of Richmond." but what about the part that is left unsaid? that is, equipment that sits around unguarded for days. would it be too much of a stretch to also wonder if maybe it's not monitored properly to detect tampering ? i'm a bit stunned, to be honest. you'd think it'd at least be left nearby in a more secure location - police department, federal building storage, etc.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/...s-Seal--Podium-and-Equipment-Stolen/132036708
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/15716468/thieves-steal-truck-with-presidents-equipment

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2011 #2
    Perhaps they should at least put an alarm and a tracking device on the truck? Still, the thief on this one earned "dummy of the week" honors - IMO of course.

4. Oct 19, 2011 #3
    Probably will be from now on.

5. Oct 19, 2011 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Five unauthorized presidential speeches have already been sighted on the internet.

6. Oct 19, 2011 #5

rhody

Gold Member

Good one Peng, on a serious note, didn't anyone give a thought about sabotage or worse, can you say DUH !!! loud enough. On second thought, I am sure the SS probably sweeps the truck before it gets anywhere near the President. I could be wrong, but I doubt it, the SS is very good at what they do.

Rhody... :uhh:

7. Oct 19, 2011 #6
    "I, President Obama, do hereby declare I am heading to brush my teeth."

Make that a sixth, as I'm not Obama, and I did not brush my teeth.. So, the Internet is how reliable, PG?

Far cry from someone hijacking the President's van of goods.

8. Oct 19, 2011 #7
    I don't think we should jump to any conclusions about security - maybe Joe Biden just forgot where he parked the truck?:tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook