Things that make you way too angry (venting thread)

• Thread starter jac0b 740m920n
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary: People who don't bother to use capital letters or punctuation. I mean, does it really take that much extra effort to hit the shift key?I don't even expect proper grammar all the time. But it's clear when someone makes or does not make an effort.People who spell ellipses improperly......People who use elipses improperly......People who spell ellipses incorectlly.......People who spell ellipses incorectlly....People who can't spell the word incorrectly....People who can't spell the word incorrectly....People who spell ellipses incorrectly.People that can't spell the word
jac0b 740m920n
a few things that make me way too angry are snide and rude to people i understand if youre having a bad day but that doesn't give you the right to be mean

and people who are close minded and have never givin any thought to other peoples views i can't stand that I am always open for new ideas guys :smile:

tell me some of yours

Physics news on Phys.org
I have too many to list, and several of them will get me permanently banned from PF for political reasons.
I'll stick to non-political/religious/etc. topics such as bad grammar. That is so rampant that I don't know where to begin.

People who generalise. I know we all do it from time to time (often as a result of absentmindedness), but we should always try our best to avoid it, as it makes for really bad discussion.

Being woken up early. It doesn't matter if I'm woken up 10 minutes or 2 hours before my natural body clock, I feel like I've been hit by a bus. I come around in a few minutes, but it's that initial 'ugh', that's made me snap at people in the past when I shouldn't have.

My Mum singing Katy Perry in the kitchen at 7am. My bedroom is an extension on the side of the house, and the sound of her shrieking comes straight through my walls, so annoying.

Video games, forgetting to take my lens cap off before taking a photograph, my little sister repeating herself 10 times over.

Whenever you try to quick scope in COD with the MSR and hit someone's leg and all you get is a stupid hitmarker yet the guy "sniping" with this ACR gets a one hit kill every time. ARGH

Whenever you try to quick scope in COD with the MSR and hit someone's leg and all you get is a stupid hitmarker yet the guy "sniping" with this ACR gets a one hit kill every time. ARGH

^ This, and repeatedly being on the receiving end of a QS when I'm using an SMG. Controller = Wall!

WannabeNewton said:

Thomas1989 said:
^ This, and repeatedly being on the receiving end of a QS when I'm using an SMG. Controller = Wall!

Acronyms...

People not listening to Dalai Lama.

OmCheeto said:
Acronyms...

People who use ellipses improperly...

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's "In Your Face" advertising.

jac0b 740m920n said:
a few things that make me way too angry are snide and rude to people i understand if youre having a bad day but that doesn't give you the right to be mean

and people who are close minded and have never givin any thought to other peoples views i can't stand that I am always open for new ideas guys :smile:

tell me some of yours
I also dislike snide and rude to people. Want to hang out?

ImATrackMan said:
People who use elipses improperly...

...People who spell ellipses incorectlly.

bp_psy said:

I don't know what you're talking about. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
bp_psy said:

:rofl:

bp_psy said:
People that can't spell the word incorrectly.

I get angry with forum threads that encourage me to think about angry, negative things:redface:

Evo said:
People that can't spell the word incorrectly.

Can't spell what word incorrectly?

ImATrackMan said:
Can't spell what word incorrectly?
Look at the post I quoted.

It was a joke?

FreeMitya said:
People who generalise.

They make me angry, too. Every single one of them! Always! Ever!

Isn't generalise spelled with a "z"? Generalize?! Grrrrrrrr.

jac0b 740m920n said:

tell me some of yours

People who don't bother to use capital letters or punctuation. I mean, does it really take that much extra effort to hit the shift key?

The unwritten subtext (to me) is: "I want you to figure out what I'm saying but I don't respect you enough to bother composing my text in a manner that's easy for you to read."

I don't even expect proper grammar all the time. But it's clear when someone makes or does not make an effort.

OmCheeto said:
Acronyms...

You don't like the S.A.A ( Society Against Acronyms)?

DiracPool said:
Isn't generalise spelled with a "z"? Generalize?! Grrrrrrrr.

Only in the UK, AFAIK ( Sorry, OmCheeto) , and maybe Western Europe people substitute s for z. Same for colour, flavour, etc.

Throwing their cig butts in the street while driving! One of these days I'm going to get out of my car, pick it up, and throw it back in their car!

Last edited:
Likes gracy
Bacle2 said:
Only in the UK, AFAIK ( Sorry, OmCheeto) , and maybe Western Europe people substitute s for z. Same for colour, flavour, etc.

And Canada. Don't forget Canada. Basically, any place where people know how to spell. (And for the record, that letter is named "zed".) I can't help wondering whether or not ZZ Topp ever stopped to consider how stupid their name sounds in the rest of the world.

Greg Bernhardt said:
and throw it back in there car!

People who can't spell "their" in context. :tongue:
Which surprises me, since you got it right in the first sentence.

Danger said:
People who can't spell "their" in context. :tongue:
Which surprises me, since you got it right in the first sentence.

I was so angry! :D

:rofl:

Danger said:
And Canada. Don't forget Canada. Basically, any place where people know how to spell. (And for the record, that letter is named "zed".) I can't help wondering whether or not ZZ Topp ever stopped to consider how stupid their name sounds in the rest of the world.

Don't you mean SS Topp?

Bacle2 said:
Don't you mean SS Topp?

You're just trying to reanimate the Abbott and Costello routine that Evo and ImATrackMan started in posts #14 and 16. I refuse to be drawn in.

Bacle2 said:
Only in the UK, AFAIK ( Sorry, OmCheeto) , and maybe Western Europe people substitute s for z.

Actually, this is a myth invented to "explain" Microsoft's lame attempt at creating a "British English" spell checker.

British English used "-ize" going back to the 16th century. The etymology is from greek "-izein". The "z" changed to "s" in latin and latin-derived languages, which originally did not have "z" in the alphabet (hence "-iser" in french for example).

Words ending in "-yse" come from a different greek root and the "s" is correct.

Go away.

My pizza and beer are catching up to me. I'll be back in a couple of hours.

Bacle2 said:
Don't you mean SS Topp?

There's only one p in ZZ Top, guys, what's goin' on? Geez...

You too Danger?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nZniMYCZp4

GRRRRRRRR!

DiracPool said:
There's only one p in ZZ Top, guys, what's goin' on? Geez...

You too Danger?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nZniMYCZp4

GRRRRRRRR!

I thought it was sppelled that way, but I should have looked it up. I like Legs, but I prefer Under Pressure.

ImATrackMan said:
People who use ellipses improperly...

People who don't know the difference between ellipses and TCU's...