Things that make you way too angry (venting thread)

Evo
Mentor
I agree, they are terrible.
:tongue: (Thanks bp_psy for not pointing out how atrocious Evo's spelling is).

Shouldn't people be judged by the way they act? I mean, I don't care if the person used to be the Pope, if he's started murdering people... :tongue2:
... and he's a soldier in an army, then he gets a medal.

WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
... and he's a soldier in an army, then he gets a medal.
Beautiful.

Danger
Gold Member
:tongue: (Thanks bp_psy for not pointing out how atrocious Evo's spelling is).
With a body like that, who cares if you can spell? :rolleyes:

People who don't bother to use capital letters or punctuation. I mean, does it really take that much extra effort to hit the shift key?

The unwritten subtext (to me) is: "I want you to figure out what I'm saying but I don't respect you enough to bother composing my text in a manner that's easy for you to read."

I don't even expect proper grammar all the time. But it's clear when someone makes or does not make an effort.
ive never used punctuation online its the internet not a school paper

You should change that habit on this forum then. The rules are very clear that proper punctuation and spelling should be used.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You should change that habit on this forum then. The rules are very clear that proper punctuation and spelling should be used.
Indeed. The rules apply to everyone. Even E. E. Cummings would be required to comply.

All but few of my classmates. I'm not a fan of stupidity, drug usage, or pretentious people.

ImATrackMan
elipzzis dots can, also, (hic!), represent.....

lines.......

to keep me on topic.....

people who don't work 9 to 5, M-F, with one hour commutes each way, who claim they spent their entire careers "delegating", who ask me, the most rhetorical of queaseons; "What do you mean you don't have time...?"

I will kill them..........
You're just milking it at this point, aren't you?

Danger
Gold Member
Even E. E. Cummings would be required to comply.
I wonder how many people are going ":confused:" over that one. :biggrin:

Danger
Gold Member
Okay, here's one that makes my nose hairs curl up in anger.
TV channels on my cable provider persist in pasting ads and/or previews across the screen during a show. That obstructs both opening titles and subtitles, and frequently critical details of an opening scene. At the end of a show, they also shrink the credits and speed them up, both to a degree that makes them unreadable. That surely must be a violation of the union regulations that demand the credits in the first place. I happen to watch credits as an important part of the show. The only reason that I'm not fuming even more is that IMDb provides the information for most TV shows and movies. Still, I'd like to be able to just read it off of the TV.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
You're just milking it at this point, aren't you?
No, I'm wining, again...... (hic!)

(shields self with pung badge http://physicsforums.bernhardtmediall.netdna-cdn.com/images/awards/humor.png [Broken])

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger
Gold Member
shields self with pung badge
I sincerely hope that "pung" means something different where you live than it does here... :bugeye:

ImATrackMan
I sincerely hope that "pung" means something different where you live than it does here... :bugeye:

Oh, Swedes.

Bacle2
Science Advisor
Very good point there. I guess it just depends on what the person does. I mean if it's a big thing like that, then most definitely. If it's a little thing, then no.

Everyone does judge people by the way they act it seems, even if that person doesn't know it them-self.
Maybe you're thinking of something like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_attribution_error

collinsmark
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Speaking of TV (a few posts ago), how about when the volume of the commercials are way louder than in the program.

'Same applies to internet videos that contain video ads.

Danger
Gold Member
how about when the volume of the commercials are way louder than in the program
That was illegal back in the 70's, at least in North America, but they seem to be doing it again. Back then, they cheated by using some sort of compression technology that made them appear to be louder even though the decibel level wasn't any higher. Now it sounds like both are being done.

jim hardy
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Dearly Missed
That was illegal back in the 70's, at least in North America, but they seem to be doing it again. Back then, they cheated by using some sort of compression technology that made them appear to be louder even though the decibel level wasn't any higher. Now it sounds like both are being done.
They can move the audio into a range where human ear has more sensitivity so it's perceived as loud, but a decibel meter will truthfully report it as same energy content. .
That's those high-voiced "screamers" like Billy Mays (RIP) ....

Danger
Gold Member
They can move the audio into a range where human ear has more sensitivity so it's perceived as loud
That sounds about right, but it's hard to remember. I was, after all, a mere child in the 70's... :uhh:

It seems to me that they also slightly sped up the soundtrack so as to cram more crap into their allotted minute. (Ads then were either 30 or 60 seconds.)