Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Things you hate to admit because it can be embarrasing.

1. Feb 23, 2006 #1

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This topics might have been brought up already, but let's start a new one. List atleast 5 things on your first post in the thread. :biggrin:

1. I watch Gilmore Girls.

I used to keep up with it, but I lost track of it. I'll be getting the DVD's soon. At the moment though, the Women's Channel is going through the entire series from episode 1, hopefully I don't miss much. :shy:

2. I love Radio Free Roscoe (RFR). Canadian TV show.

3. I've always had this urge to want to launch a rocket into space. I have plans on how it might be done, but I don't know how realistic it is. I do know it's 99% likely my plan is unrealistic. I'd have to learn some basic chemistry, and maybe some engineering to decide whether it is plausible and to have the skills to construct it. I guess this would be a kid inside of me. :biggrin:

4. Although most students might think of me as the "top" student of the class because I know my stuff, I never seem to score top marks on my midterms, and assignments. I'm confident enough to say that if there was a vote to say who knows the most, I'd win. :approve: So because of this, I avoid the situation where I'm asked to say how well I did. I hate to admit I did bad.

5. I also hate to admit that I rather take a cruise up to Alaska than a cruise in the Carribean. In fact, I'd pretty much always choose the north in the big mountains than the hot beaches in the south. I try to avoid commenting on where to go.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2006 #2

Gold Member

I do not do anything that can even remotely be considered non-manly. I am awesome, I am the alpha, the omega, etc etc.
  4. Feb 23, 2006 #3

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Well, that's only 3-4 things. :tongue:
  5. Feb 23, 2006 #4

Gold Member

1. I still watch Boomerang (from Cartoon Network)

2. I dream of having a job where they pay big bucks to do what ever you feel like.
  6. Feb 23, 2006 #5
    Launching a rocket into space is hardly unattainable. I saw amateur rocket people on a TV show launching them up to jetliner cruising altitudes. They had to get permission, clear it with the FAA so there's be no planes over head at the time of launch.

The rockets were about 10-12 feet long. They mixed up special rocket fuel themselves. It was kind of touchy stuff, but not like nitroglycerin or anything.

I think those guys could get something into space if they wanted.
  7. Feb 23, 2006 #6

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This is suppose to be something you hate to admit. :grumpy:
  8. Feb 23, 2006 #7

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I would get FAA approval though. I'd do it off the coast line where I can do anything... sort of. :redface:
  9. Feb 23, 2006 #8

Gold Member

I felt pressured. You asked for 5. I had to make something up :biggrin:
  10. Feb 23, 2006 #9

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What made me laugh was the fact that you still didn't have 5.

We all have silly things we hate to admit.

What about that girl you think is crazy hot, but no one else thinks so? If you don't like girls, well then that can be hard to admit...
  11. Feb 23, 2006 #10
    I have been to 4 restrooms that are frequently visted by the opposite sex.

1) Because I went to an Elementary School whose architecture was very much the same design as the one I normally went to, but the girls restroom was on the left instead of the right (back then, I thought the guys restroom had to be on the left).

2) Culture meeting. I saw a couch in this room and decided to sit on it. Then I looked around the corner and saw that it was the woman's restroom. I saw no women' sign on the room entrance.

3) Physics class, a male teacher brings my class into a girls restroom and siphons water from a girls toilet and creates the vacuum by using his mouth. This was to demonstrate the functions of "siphoning" and air pressure.

4) Cleaning a women's restroom at a Kroger supermarket - nothing much to clean actually, just shine the stainless steel.
  12. Feb 23, 2006 #11
    1. i went to therapy when i was 6 because i talked about sex too much to my class mates.

2. i use my 8 ball to back up my decisions

3. All my life people have pushed me to succeed, and i always say i don't want it, but mostly i'm just afraid i can't.

4. i've been growing my hair out for a year to donate it to locks of love, but now i don't want to cut it cause i like it long.

5. One of my life goals is to learn the moonwalk.
  13. Feb 23, 2006 #12
    Some I have very similar embarsing things
    Same thing with me
    12 and half for me...
    My teacher did the same thing
    Let me guess there parents sued you and you got sentanced to insainty
    I use chiness fountrune cookies

My secerts
    1)I have nightmares about barny:devil: taking over the world
    Gale,what was the phsycologist name that you went to see
    2) I can't spell correctly
    3) I cheat on my math test
  14. Feb 24, 2006 #13

Interestingly enough, there is a small side street a couple blocks away from my house called "Shady Ln.".

Hot. Definitely hot.
  15. Feb 24, 2006 #14
    I find really geeky girls to be extremely sexy. And I do mean REALLY geeky. The last one I went for was a redhead with freckles and glasses. Her hair was done up in FOUR braids, not the small ones but the long thick ones that you usually only see two of on a single head. The way she laughed and her mannerisms reminded me very much of Mary Katherine Galleger from SNL. We wound up fooling around while watching Terror Firmer.

Really I'm not embarassed by much. The only other things I can think of are things I'm far too embarassed about to share.
  16. Feb 24, 2006 #15
    I am a card holding member of the Red Green Fan Club.

I never eat cooked veggies
  17. Feb 25, 2006 #16
    1. My daddy spanked me on the . . . that is just plain too humiliating to admit.
    2. I sucked my mammy's . . . oh spare me the ridicule.
    3. I came out of my mommy's . . . Sorry, I just can bring myself to tell you.
    4. I sang in the church cho. . . Ohh, just forget about it!
  18. Feb 25, 2006 #17
    That's so awesome :cool: (I need more sleep, lest I talk this way more! :zzz: )
  19. Feb 25, 2006 #18

Keep it! Those kids need to be who they are, accept the fact, not try and run away for it for the rest of their lives!
  20. Oct 15, 2008 #19
  21. Oct 15, 2008 #20

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I watched Madden Nation on ESPN last night. :frown:

I can't believe I actually watched a TV show of guys playing a video game. :eek::yuck::frown::cry:

I think I need to get a life. :frown:

On the other hand .... I learned Drew Brees really, really sucks at Madden. He lost 98-7. Hines Ward didn't do much better. He lost to a different contestant by a score of 92-14.

I can't believe there's actually people who use the practice mode in Madden (maybe that's why I'm not very good).

Geez, and to think I could have been watching Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olbermann. :rolleyes:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?