Things you hate to admit because it can be embarrasing.

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
In summary: I had to flush the toilet 3x because the lady who usually does it was on vacation. I was also the only one there so it made it more difficult.5) I once went to the bathroom at a fast food restaurant and there was a girl in there. I was so embarrassed I went back outside.What about that girl you think is crazy hot, but no one else thinks so?If you don't like girls, well then that can be hard to admit...I have been to 4 restrooms that are frequently visted by the opposite sex.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
This topics might have been brought up already, but let's start a new one. List atleast 5 things on your first post in the thread. :biggrin:

1. I watch Gilmore Girls.

I used to keep up with it, but I lost track of it. I'll be getting the DVD's soon. At the moment though, the Women's Channel is going through the entire series from episode 1, hopefully I don't miss much. :shy:

2. I love Radio Free Roscoe (RFR). Canadian TV show.

3. I've always had this urge to want to launch a rocket into space. I have plans on how it might be done, but I don't know how realistic it is. I do know it's 99% likely my plan is unrealistic. I'd have to learn some basic chemistry, and maybe some engineering to decide whether it is plausible and to have the skills to construct it. I guess this would be a kid inside of me. :biggrin:

4. Although most students might think of me as the "top" student of the class because I know my stuff, I never seem to score top marks on my midterms, and assignments. I'm confident enough to say that if there was a vote to say who knows the most, I'd win. :approve: So because of this, I avoid the situation where I'm asked to say how well I did. I hate to admit I did bad.

5. I also hate to admit that I rather take a cruise up to Alaska than a cruise in the Carribean. In fact, I'd pretty much always choose the north in the big mountains than the hot beaches in the south. I try to avoid commenting on where to go.

Physics news on Phys.org
I do not do anything that can even remotely be considered non-manly. I am awesome, I am the alpha, the omega, etc etc.

Pengwuino said:
I do anything that can even remotely be considered non-manly. I am not awesome, I am not the alpha, the not omega, etc etc.

Well, that's only 3-4 things. :tongue:

1. I still watch Boomerang (from Cartoon Network)

2. I dream of having a job where they pay big bucks to do what ever you feel like.

Launching a rocket into space is hardly unattainable. I saw amateur rocket people on a TV show launching them up to jetliner cruising altitudes. They had to get permission, clear it with the FAA so there's be no planes over head at the time of launch.

The rockets were about 10-12 feet long. They mixed up special rocket fuel themselves. It was kind of touchy stuff, but not like nitroglycerin or anything.

I think those guys could get something into space if they wanted.

ranger said:
2. I dream of having a job where they pay big bucks to do what ever you feel like.

This is suppose to be something you hate to admit. :grumpy:

zoobyshoe said:
Launching a rocket into space is hardly unattainable. I saw amateur rocket people on a TV show launching them up to jetliner cruising altitudes. They had to get permission, clear it with the FAA so there's be no planes over head at the time of launch.

The rockets were about 10-12 feet long. They mixed up special rocket fuel themselves. It was kind of touchy stuff, but not like nitroglycerin or anything.

I think those guys could get something into space if they wanted.

I would get FAA approval though. I'd do it off the coast line where I can do anything... sort of. :redface:

JasonRox said:
This is suppose to be something you hate to admit. :grumpy:

I felt pressured. You asked for 5. I had to make something up :biggrin:

ranger said:
I felt pressured. You asked for 5. I had to make something up :biggrin:

What made me laugh was the fact that you still didn't have 5.

We all have silly things we hate to admit.

What about that girl you think is crazy hot, but no one else thinks so? If you don't like girls, well then that can be hard to admit...

I have been to 4 restrooms that are frequently visted by the opposite sex.

1) Because I went to an Elementary School whose architecture was very much the same design as the one I normally went to, but the girls restroom was on the left instead of the right (back then, I thought the guys restroom had to be on the left).

2) Culture meeting. I saw a couch in this room and decided to sit on it. Then I looked around the corner and saw that it was the woman's restroom. I saw no women' sign on the room entrance.

3) Physics class, a male teacher brings my class into a girls restroom and siphons water from a girls toilet and creates the vacuum by using his mouth. This was to demonstrate the functions of "siphoning" and air pressure.

4) Cleaning a women's restroom at a Kroger supermarket - nothing much to clean actually, just shine the stainless steel.

1. i went to therapy when i was 6 because i talked about sex too much to my class mates.

2. i use my 8 ball to back up my decisions

3. All my life people have pushed me to succeed, and i always say i don't want it, but mostly I'm just afraid i can't.

4. I've been growing my hair out for a year to donate it to locks of love, but now i don't want to cut it cause i like it long.

5. One of my life goals is to learn the moonwalk.

Some I have very similar embarsing things
. Although most students might think of me as the "top" student of the class because I know my stuff, I never seem to score top marks on my midterms, and assignments. I'm confident enough to say that if there was a vote to say who knows the most, I'd win. So because of this, I avoid the situation where I'm asked to say how well I did. I hate to admit I did bad.
Same thing with me
I have been to 4 restrooms that are frequently visted by the opposite sex.
12 and half for me...
3) Physics class, a male teacher brings my class into a girls restroom and siphons water from a girls toilet and creates the vacuum by using his mouth. This was to demonstrate the functions of "siphoning" and air pressure.
My teacher did the same thing
1. i went to therapy when i was 6 because i talked about sex too much to my class mates.
Let me guess there parents sued you and you got sentanced to insainty
I use chiness fountrune cookies

My secerts
1)I have nightmares about barny:devil: taking over the world
Gale,what was the phsycologist name that you went to see
2) I can't spell correctly
3) I cheat on my math test

Interestingly enough, there is a small side street a couple blocks away from my house called "Shady Ln.".

Hot. Definitely hot.

I find really geeky girls to be extremely sexy. And I do mean REALLY geeky. The last one I went for was a redhead with freckles and glasses. Her hair was done up in FOUR braids, not the small ones but the long thick ones that you usually only see two of on a single head. The way she laughed and her mannerisms reminded me very much of Mary Katherine Galleger from SNL. We wound up fooling around while watching Terror Firmer.

Really I'm not embarassed by much. The only other things I can think of are things I'm far too embarassed about to share.

I am a card holding member of the Red Green Fan Club.

I never eat cooked veggies

1. My daddy spanked me on the . . . that is just plain too humiliating to admit.
2. I sucked my mammy's . . . oh spare me the ridicule.
3. I came out of my mommy's . . . Sorry, I just can bring myself to tell you.
4. I sang in the church cho. . . Ohh, just forget about it!

Gale said:

That's so awesome :cool: (I need more sleep, lest I talk this way more! :zzz: )

4. I've been growing my hair out for a year to donate it to locks of love, but now i don't want to cut it cause i like it long
Keep it! Those kids need to be who they are, accept the fact, not try and run away for it for the rest of their lives!

Gale said:

-----------------------
:uhh:
don't we all?

I watched Madden Nation on ESPN last night. :frown:

I can't believe I actually watched a TV show of guys playing a video game. :eek::yuck::frown::cry:

I think I need to get a life. :frown:

On the other hand ... I learned Drew Brees really, really sucks at Madden. He lost 98-7. Hines Ward didn't do much better. He lost to a different contestant by a score of 92-14.

I can't believe there's actually people who use the practice mode in Madden (maybe that's why I'm not very good).

Geez, and to think I could have been watching Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olbermann. :rolleyes:

BobG said:
I watched Madden Nation on ESPN last night. :frown:

I can't believe I actually watched a TV show of guys playing a video game. :eek::yuck::frown::cry:

I think I need to get a life. :frown:

On the other hand ... I learned Drew Brees really, really sucks at Madden. He lost 98-7. Hines Ward didn't do much better. He lost to a different contestant by a score of 92-14.

I can't believe there's actually people who use the practice mode in Madden (maybe that's why I'm not very good).

Geez, and to think I could have been watching Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olbermann. :rolleyes:

I watched that last night , about 5 minutes of it , and then I either went to bed or watched something else ... either way I am not able to remember. You were probably intrigued about why professional players are playing video games on ESPN.

O'Reilly ... never , he promotes Fox as being unbiased and bashes NBC ... and then promotes his book ... and then bashes Obama. Simply sickening - it's like he is insulting us for our stupidity of tuning into his program.

1) I prefer kinky sex over standard sex.
2) I love watching the baseball bugs bunny episode.
3) I have this fantasy of deconverting a religious person through sexual means.
4) I once wrote a couple of erotica stories.
5) I cry a lot over things that are deeply meaningful to me.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I find really geeky girls to be extremely sexy. And I do mean REALLY geeky.

me too...

1 when i was a senior in hs i dated a freshmen. for a year and a half. she was hot though..

2 I am WAY to much of a push over.

1. I get hot for my proffs if I think they are smart, even if they are old enough to be my father
2. I am totally into older guys
3. I love my horse more than my family
4. I tried to commit suicide as a teenager
5. around the same time I pierced parts of me that should never be pierced
6. I ate magical mushrooms and played marco polo with myself for 3 hours straight while my friends watched
7. I dated a guy because he was rich and then dumped him because he had serious unibrow and I didnt have the nerve to tell him
8. I am in university just to prove that I can do it (I was homeschooled and constantly told that my parents were screwing me) and so take classes that are really hard that I don't even like.
9. I am also the smart kid in school whose got all the answers and yet does not get straight A's on the exams. I always lie and say I did better than I really did
10. I cry for no reason even when I am happy
11. I hate television and I pretend that I think that family guy and the simpsons are funny even though I think its dumb
12. I paid $1500 for a puppy (he arrives in 9 days)

the list goes on... is 5 a limit or a guideline

I don't really have anything embarrasing, that I can think of...well I might, but I'm not sure I am prepared to tell it all, lol.

2. Since I got a DUI I have been somewhat embarassed to mention it. There are a lot of people out there who think that you must be a real low life scum bag to have gotten a DUI so I am reluctant to say anything about it in front of people I don't really know.

3. I fell in love with a girl who broke up with me a few years ago know and I still become severely emotionally distressed when confronted with the memories. I've stopped speaking with several online friends for fear of seeing her comments on their pages or mention of her and her husband.

4. I'm single primarily because I am afraid to date. When I see women I find attractive I avoid them and when women try to hit on me or give me their numbers I politely blow them off.

5. I have achieved no significant success in my life at all what so ever.

I never understood the hatred towards DUI. DUI can happen to almost anyone. I know someone who wouldn't have never driven drunk, but ended up doing so without even remembering whatsoever.

Sometimes you can go out, park your car downtown and go out drinking (with the idea to cab it home). If you drank far too much, who knows what you're going to do next... literally. If someone keeps insisting that they wouldn't drive drunk in this scenario, they have never been very drunk (puking does not imply extremely drunk). You can't give your keys to a friend because they are also there to get drunk and cab it home.

I guess the idea is to avoid getting drunk to the point of being capable of making irrational idiotic decisions, but it DOES happen and can HAPPEN to anyone. It can happen the first time you get drunk. Hence, the term "Drink Responsibly". Of course, you must bear responsibility for your actions as you decided to get drunk and I do believe you should bear all consequences of it, but in no way I think the public view of it is justified. Since, it can HAPPEN to ANYONE.

Anyways, I think the real problem is people who are totally "cool" with driving drunk. That's actual INTENT to drive drunk. That's what sickens me.

JasonRox said:
I never understood the hatred towards DUI. DUI can happen to almost anyone. I know someone who wouldn't have never driven drunk, but ended up doing so without even remembering whatsoever.

I totally agree. I have been VERY drunk and although I have never driven while drunk I do remember having a couple glasses of wine with my mother one night, and then driving my elderly aunt home since she didnt like driving in the dark. When I got home I realized that although I was not tipsy, I might have blown over had I been caught.

JasonRox said:
Since, it can HAPPEN to ANYONE.

Sorry, Jason, but this is absolute rubbish. I've never driven whilst over the limit, and never will do. How do I know this? Well, if I drive to the pub, say, I have some form of self control which means that I will either drink soft drinks, a few beers, or get a taxi home. I think it's outrageous to excuse people who drink drive, and say that it can "happen to anyone" who gets drunk. Are you saying that people, when drunk, don't know the difference between right and wrong? If so, then you might as well be saying that you can go and murder someone, and wake up in the morning as if nothing has happened. This doesn't happen: there has to be something in your subconscious that says "it's ok to murder someone" since your subconscious will not get deleted when you are drunk.

I just don't buy that. If one thinks drink driving is ok, then one is more likely to do it when drunk. If one feels, like I do, that drink driving is totally unacceptable, then there is no chance that one will do it. Oh, and there's another solution if you feel you don't have any self control: take public transport to the bar, and leave your car at home.

cristo said:
Sorry, Jason, but this is absolute rubbish. I've never driven whilst over the limit, and never will do. How do I know this? Well, if I drive to the pub, say, I have some form of self control which means that I will either drink soft drinks, a few beers, or get a taxi home. I think it's outrageous to excuse people who drink drive, and say that it can "happen to anyone" who gets drunk. Are you saying that people, when drunk, don't know the difference between right and wrong? If so, then you might as well be saying that you can go and murder someone, and wake up in the morning as if nothing has happened. This doesn't happen: there has to be something in your subconscious that says "it's ok to murder someone" since your subconscious will not get deleted when you are drunk.

I just don't buy that. If one thinks drink driving is ok, then one is more likely to do it when drunk. If one feels, like I do, that drink driving is totally unacceptable, then there is no chance that one will do it. Oh, and there's another solution if you feel you don't have any self control: take public transport to the bar, and leave your car at home.

Read my whole post.

JasonRox said:
Read my whole post.

The take-home point of your post, which I read in its entirety, is that it can happen to anyone. I am saying that is incorrect.

JasonRox said:

Sometimes you can go out, park your car downtown and go out drinking (with the idea to cab it home). If you drank far too much, who knows what you're going to do next... literally. If someone keeps insisting that they wouldn't drive drunk in this scenario, they have never been very drunk (puking does not imply extremely drunk). You can't give your keys to a friend because they are also there to get drunk and cab it home.

I guess the idea is to avoid getting drunk to the point of being capable of making irrational idiotic decisions, but it DOES happen and can HAPPEN to anyone. It can happen the first time you get drunk. Hence, the term "Drink Responsibly". Of course, you must bear responsibility for your actions as you decided to get drunk and I do believe you should bear all consequences of it, but in no way I think the public view of it is justified. Since, it can HAPPEN to ANYONE.

Anyways, I think the real problem is people who are totally "cool" with driving drunk. That's actual INTENT to drive drunk. That's what sickens me.

For any individual, I'd say the bolded part is the important part. A person can have to live a long time with the consequences of things they did or had happen to them when they were drunk. The DUI part is just because now that person's willingness to destroy any capability of making decisions has just started to carry over and impact random people on the road.

All that stuff about having a designated driver to carry you home after you've gotten totally trashed is just a lesser evil, which is why I don't have a lot of sympathy for someone who gets a DUI, beats their wife because they were drunk and didn't know what they were doing, or injures someone in a drunken brawl.

That isn't exactly the same as hating someone who gets a DUI. In fact, I paid for my son's lawyer and I hope he doesn't wind up with criminal misdemeanor on his permanent record. It does kind of irk me that I'm paying someone to get him out of consequences I'd wish on a stranger, so I make up for it by taking a lot of pleasure in his having to rent an interlock device that never seems to work right in cold damp weather. I think it's going to be a long winter. :rofl:

cristo said:
The take-home point of your post, which I read in its entirety, is that it can happen to anyone. I am saying that is incorrect.
A better point may be that it happens a lot more than you may think. Most of the people I met going through this were only barely over and didn't realize that they would pop on a breathalizer test. They figured they were fine to drive. One woman was there because she had a glass of wine while on prescription meds and another was a three year sober AA member who was busted for driving while on her prescription medication.
Just because a person has a DUI doesn't mean that they drove absolutely pissed and were a real danger to anyone. Some of the people I met weren't even driving. Two were sleeping it off in their car and were busted because the keys were in the ignition.

I have constantly sweaty palms, and try to wipe them on the back of my pants or on my shirt before I shake someone's hand, it never works and usually ends up with the victim having to wipe their hands on the back of their pants or on their shirt after the shaking is done.

I got a lump in my throat and my eyes got a little misty while watching the final scenes of strictly ballroom, when the dad starts clapping for his son. (at school, during film study).

I wrote a valentine's poem in school (about the same age as the strictly ballroom, actually) that won the best poem of the grade, but I had signed it anonymous (we could if we wanted) because it was pretty soppy and I didn't want people to know it was me. Only problem was, I couldn't really get the prestige from a winning poem, for the same reason.

I've done a lot of embarrassing things under the influence of alcohol (that very few people know about), especially in my younger days, but I won't share those as I'm not very proud of them and feel more stupid than embarrassed actually.

I thought a cousin of mine was pretty hot for quite a while.

I drive a French car. :wink:

Last edited:
redargon said:
I thought a cousin of mine was pretty hot for quite a while.

I drive a French car. :wink:

that's okay, I frenched my cousin in a hot car