Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

This is going to be a long 4 weeks

1. Jul 3, 2006 #1

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Just letting you guys know that I just got back from surgery.

I went for a bilateral hernia and I'll be out for 4 weeks. I'm taking extra time just to be safe.

So far it's pretty good. I got some pain, but not a ridiculous amount.

So, yeah. You might see me around here a bit more.

Cheers. :approve:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2006 #2
    Get Well Soon!

4. Jul 3, 2006 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good lord, Jason! What's a bilateral hernia?

I hope you are feeling better soon. we'll keep you company while you get well. Of course, you have to share your pain meds with us... heh heh :biggrin: :devil: :biggrin:

5. Jul 3, 2006 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Oh dear, I hope you're feeling better soon. Your extra time here will be welcome. :approve:

6. Jul 3, 2006 #5

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Bilateral means a hernia on both sides of the body.

I hope it goes by quickly.

I'm thinking about going to Texas next week. Long drive though.

7. Jul 3, 2006 #6
    How did you get it, deadlifts?

8. Jul 3, 2006 #7

wolram

Gold Member

More like lifting that scooter on its stand.

Heal up soon Jason :smile:

9. Jul 3, 2006 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hmm.. I think we have to be careful not to make Jason laugh. That could be very painful..

10. Jul 3, 2006 #9

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

My son had that done at age 4. It does happen. Basically, in boys after the testicles descend into the scrotum, the openings through the abdominal muscles (inguinal canal) are supposed to close. Sometimes one or both do not, and there is a weak spot that can allow a hernia to develop.

May son was running around and climbing the furniture 2 days after he was released from the hospital. Kids heal fast, young adults relatively fast but not as fast as children. Old folks like me . . . well it takes awhile.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  11. Jul 3, 2006 #10
    Yep, I had to have a hernia operation when I was very young, can't really remember it though. Get well soon Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Jul 3, 2006 #11
    All this rap has made you deaf mattmns.

13. Jul 3, 2006 #12

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

No, not deadlifts.

I had one as a baby, so doctor thinks it might have been already there, but didn't come out until now.

Yeah, laughing is painful. :frown:

14. Jul 3, 2006 #13

Danger

Gold Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I had both sides done, but a year apart. Putting on a seatbelt was no fun for a few days. Oh yeah... and coughing. :surprised

15. Jul 3, 2006 #14
    Yeah, yeah, Get better and recover as fast as possible Jason. Hernia isn't fun. Maybe instead of going anywhere, stay home. Luggages are heavy, travel is a little weary, and that isn't good for overall health.

16. Jul 3, 2006 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Best wishes for a speedy recover, Jason. Yeah, don't laugh, don't cough, don't :uhh:...nah, you probably already know not to do that. :biggrin:

You might want to stick to the physics threads until you're recovered enough to laugh. The GD threads might be too painful. :wink:

17. Jul 4, 2006 #16

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thanks for all the support everyone. :smile:

It's rather hard to sleep like this, so it will probably remain like on and off sleep until things feel really good.

I guess it's time to watch some Infomercials tonight. :uhh:

18. Jul 4, 2006 #17
    Get well soon Jason!

19. Jul 5, 2006 #18

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Ok, here I am like 2 days later. Things have improved, especially the pain part. I never thought I would need this many pain killers before.

I don't use as many pain killers now though. I try not to, but sometimes... especially yesterday, I just had too.

I can walk around fairly well. I haven't been on the computer much because the chair isn't that great and it is in the basement. I don't like going up and down.

Anyways, so far so good.

Cheers!:biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?