1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but

1. Jul 22, 2010 #1
    Here is the thing, I got back my AP report today and apparently this happened

1. Two of my exams are missing from the report
    2. I don't know how, but I got a 3 for my AP Chem, I was sure that I got a 4. Should I get a rescore? I don't want to do first-year chem again...
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2010 #2

Most schools that accept AP exams for credit (not all of them do, no matter what you scored) will take a 3, or at least let you skip intro chem with a 3 even if you don't get credit for it. However, if it's required for your major or you're doing pre-med, you shouldn't skip it no matter how well you did on the exam. It's unlikely a re-score will do anything for you but cost you money. Can't help with the missing scores.
  4. Jul 22, 2010 #3
    My school doesn't really take 3s...it's a 4 or 5
  5. Jul 22, 2010 #4
    Rescore? Does it actually seem more likely to you that they made a mistake than that you misjudged your performance? Sounds like denial to me...
  6. Jul 23, 2010 #5
    I always score well on the practice FRQ, I just feel that I cuoldn't have scored a 3.
  7. Jul 23, 2010 #6
    About the missing exams, I would suggest that you contact College Board and ask them about that. As far as your AP Chem score, I agree with Johng23 that it is much more likely that you made a mistake on the exam and a re-score would most likely be a waste of your time and money. However, that is completely up to you.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook