This online chemistry lab won't accept my answer, WHY?

In summary, the conversation is about a user having trouble submitting correct answers in an online chemistry lab and seeking help from classmates and experts on the forum to figure out the issue. They suspect it may be a problem with typing the answer correctly or using an unsupported browser. They also mention that there is no manual for entering answers and that the lab may require specific formatting.
NoobSchooled
This online chemistry lab won't accept my answer, WHY?

Homework Statement

Ok, I'm doing this lab, and it won't accept my answers. I can garuntee you that they're correct. Maybe I'm typing them in wrong? I've missed soo many attempts, I look at what the system says, but it says the answer is extremely close or there is a labels problem.

Here's a picture of the problems that it won't accept:
http://postimage.org/image/pcm8jngk/"

Everytime I click submit, it says 6 attempts left. I asked a few class mates and they said my answer is right.

What seems to be the problem here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi NoobSchooled! Welcome to PF! :smile:

Looks right, must be the typing …

why have you put those spaces in 7.9e - 6m3 ?

(btw, this is really a maths forum question)

Hmmm...your work seems right to me. maybe you typed it wrong?

Last edited:

There is no manual, that will tell you how to enter numbers and answers? These systems quite often understand only answers that are entered exactly the way they want it; no flexibility at all. Perhaps no space, perhaps it expects capital E or something like that. Or perhaps you are using unsupported browser.

What's the URL of the online lab? I'll take a look at it.

My guess is that you won't take a look without registering and paying - and that's assuming it is possible to register in person, not through the course.

Related to This online chemistry lab won't accept my answer, WHY?

1. Why is the online chemistry lab not accepting my answer?

There could be several reasons why the online chemistry lab is not accepting your answer. It could be that your answer is incorrect, or it does not match the expected format. It is also possible that there is an error in the system or a glitch that is preventing your answer from being accepted.

2. How can I get my answer accepted by the online chemistry lab?

If your answer is not being accepted by the online chemistry lab, you can try double-checking your calculations and make sure you are using the correct units. You can also refer to the lab instructions or reach out to your instructor for clarification. If you believe there is an error in the system, you can contact the technical support team for assistance.

3. Is there a time limit for submitting answers to the online chemistry lab?

Most online chemistry labs have a time limit for each question, and once the time is up, your answer will not be accepted. Make sure to check the instructions or ask your instructor for the time limit so you can submit your answers accordingly.

4. Can I submit my answer in a different format than what is specified?

It is essential to follow the specified format for submitting answers to the online chemistry lab. This helps ensure consistency and accuracy in the results. If you are unsure about the correct format, refer to the lab instructions or ask your instructor for clarification.

5. What should I do if I keep getting my answers rejected by the online chemistry lab?

If your answers are consistently being rejected by the online chemistry lab, it is best to reach out to your instructor for help. They can review your answers and provide feedback on where you may be going wrong. You can also ask for additional resources or practice materials to improve your understanding of the concepts.