Thought Experiment: Should Atheists End all Metabolism in Their Brain?

• Thread starter Synaptic
  • Start date
WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
What the hell this is the most screwy thread I've ever seen lol.

HayleySarg
Gold Member
What the hell this is the most screwy thread I've ever seen lol.
You're telling me.

Oh wait. I have to get my assistant to help me with writing the reply. I'm not capable of doing so myself.

Aren't you grateful and proud of the accomplishments and contributions of the people who came before you, that make your life today possible? When I learn about all the great thinkers who came before me, I'm inspired to make some contribution of my own, and to in my own small way help improve the world, and to try and leave it slightly better off than I when I found it.

You may not think so, but the world has come a long way since human beings first arrived. Human suffering, for some at least, has been vastly reduced, and the overall trend of violence, disease and suffering seems to be improving. If you feel no compulsion to be part of that trend, then that's your choice I suppose, but personally I feel that's a pretty good reason to justify getting out of bed.

Likes 1 person
WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
Human suffering, for some at least, has been vastly reduced, and the overall trend of violence, disease and suffering seems to be improving.
LOL what? LOL that's a good one there

HayleySarg
Gold Member
I'd say we probably have less with respect to how large the population is. There are still many people without the basic necessities. And such necessities have been capitalized. It's becoming more and more difficult to be a "hunter-gatherer", even in 3rd world countries. I don't have time to dig up data or do a study. So that's just my guess, and to some extent, my hope!

We have become less violent, diseases in some respects are better off, and we do have large masses of minds working towards curbing and curing. We're a long way from a "healthy" society.

this is a negative thinking style because of depression.
if you were not depressed, you would not mind what would happen after you died, you would work or search on some of your fields of interest.

Evo
Mentor
Sorry, this thread violates a number of rules.