Torque specs for 3/4-14 NPSM threads in stainless steel and aluminum

  • Thread starter Thread starter wxrocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Thread Torque
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 11K views
wxrocks
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Hi --

Does anyone have torque recommendations for a 3/4-14 NPSM thread for S.S. and Aluminum? Thanks! Eric
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Is that a 3/4 NPT? I can't say that I am familiar with the NPSM call out. Perhaps Q has seen it before. I'll do some looking around.

EDIT: I just found what you're referring to. Straight pipe threads, not tapered. God bless Machinery's Handbook.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the help. This is a new thread for a project at work -- and I am going to be performing the testing to determine our final torque recommendation. I just wanted a starting point to have a figure to keep in mind while testing.