Thunderstorm produced huge hail stones in Belarus 13 July

  • Thread starter Thread starter davenn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    produced stones
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
9,747
Reaction score
11,967
From a fellow stormchaser in Europe
GIANT hail up to 10 cm diameter in Talacyhn area, Vitsebskaya region, Belarus on July 13

https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13697084_1838281166394976_2089999493087491553_n.jpg?oh=028e330c98a65bc55ed26fe5841d343c&oe=57E9B763very effective car and building destroyerscheers
Dave
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PhanthomJay
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Everything is worse in OTHER places. Everyone should be glad we live HERE instead.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hoophy
Algr said:
Everything is worse in OTHER places. Everyone should be glad we live HERE instead.
depends on where HERE is :wink:
 
Wow, I've seen golfball sized ones on a single occasion, just a few of them mixed in with normal pea-sized hail, but nothing like these.
 
rootone said:
Wow, I've seen golfball sized ones on a single occasion, just a few of them mixed in with normal pea-sized hail, but nothing like these.

yeah me neither ... golf ball size is about the biggest I have witnessed as well
 
I lost a roof and a car to hail larger than golfball size. But nothing like that. Wow.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn
I would like to add to the theme of hail in Carpathians, Ukraine


diametr-kuskov-lda-dostigal-5-santimetrov_rect_8d243527bc96d1c6fb756a3ff582045c.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn