Ti89 Titanium too few arguments

• Thread starter Spagnum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Titanium
In summary: That way, the variables are automatically set when the program starts.In summary, the Ti89 Titanium "too few arguments" problem is that there may be a problem with the decimal point. You can try mod(54,10) to see if that works. If not, then you may need to adjust the number of arguments in your function.
Spagnum
Ti89 Titanium "too few arguments"

sorry for my noobieness, but I'm having problem with my mod( function on my Ti89 Titanium

On other calcs: 54 mod 10 = 4
like here: http://www.google.com/search?q=54+mod+10

But when i use the mod( function I either get "to few arguments" og just the result 54.mod10

can anyone point me to what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org

Welcome to PF, Spagnum! :smile:

Have you tried mod(54,10)?

Thank you!

yes I have - that just results in "Too few arguments"

Yup I been to that page myself but I get the same result.(Too few arguments) I even reset the calculator, in case it had something to do with some settings.

Spagnum said:
Yup I been to that page myself but I get the same result.(Too few arguments) I even reset the calculator, in case it had something to do with some settings.

The one reason I can think it might say "too few arguments", is if there's a problem with the decimal point, in which case you'd have tried to calculate mod(54.10, ?)
You sure you used a comma?
Or perhaps you could try a semicolon?

ofc... the comma. :blushing:
I'm so use to working in Excel where . is the comma, and haven't used my calculator in ages.

Anyways it works like a charm now, thanks a lot for your help Serena!

You're welcome! :smile:

On my TI-89 (but not Titanium) mod(54,10) gives correct 4.

The old UK versus USA, comma versus period switcheroo, eh? :rolleyes:

Uhh :uhh: I've never heard of using a period as an argument separator? :confused:

Hey I am also a noob and I need help.
I made this program to calculate the area of a sector and I keep getting "Too Few Arguments"
The ø is a theta and the 'arrow' is the arrow made by STO

area_sec()
Prgm
Local a,r,g,s,ø,k
Dialog
Request "Press 1 if you have rs and 2 if you have rø"a
EndDlog
If a=1 Then
Dialog
Request "Enter r",r
Request "Enter s",s
EndDlog
expr(-r) 'arrow' r
expr(s) 'arrow' s
(1/2)*r*s 'arrow' k
Disp "Area is"&string(k)
Else If a=2 Then
Dialog
Request "Enter r",r
Request "Enter ø",ø
Dialog
expr(-r) 'arrow' r
expr(s) 'arrow' s
(1/2)*r*r*ø 'arrow' k
Disp "Area is"&string(k)
Else
EndIf
DelVar a,r,s,ø,k
EndPrgm

Look at line 5 again:

Request "Press 1 if you have rs and 2 if you have rø"a

You forgot a comma in between your "request" and your variable, like so:

Code:
Request "Press 1 if you have rs and 2 if you have rø"[B],[/B]a

Try that and see what you get.

SonikkuUSA is right about the comma. Also, after the first "EndDlog", you have to add "expr(a)->a". This is because request (and any dialog function) is treated as a string, and we want a value. Also, in the first request, type"Request"Words",a,0. The zero will turn alpha-lock off in that box so you don't have to hit the alpha button every time you want to type 1.

Instead of using delvar at the end, you could just use local and define all of the variables at the beginning, too.

1. What does the error message "Ti89 Titanium too few arguments" mean?

The error message "Ti89 Titanium too few arguments" means that the user has not provided enough input values for the function or operation being performed on the TI89 Titanium calculator. This can also occur if the user has not specified the correct number of parameters for the function.

2. How can I fix the "Ti89 Titanium too few arguments" error?

To fix the "Ti89 Titanium too few arguments" error, users should review the function or operation being performed and ensure that they are providing the correct number of input values. They should also check the function syntax and make sure all required parameters are included.

3. Can the "Ti89 Titanium too few arguments" error be caused by incorrect input values?

Yes, the "Ti89 Titanium too few arguments" error can be caused by incorrect input values. If the input values are not valid or do not match the function's expected parameters, the error message will appear.

4. Is there a way to prevent the "Ti89 Titanium too few arguments" error from occurring?

To prevent the "Ti89 Titanium too few arguments" error from occurring, users should carefully review the function or operation being performed and make sure they are providing the correct number of input values. They should also double-check the function syntax and ensure all required parameters are included.

5. Can a calculator update fix the "Ti89 Titanium too few arguments" error?

No, a calculator update will not fix the "Ti89 Titanium too few arguments" error. This error is caused by user input and can only be resolved by providing the correct number of input values or parameters for the function or operation being performed.