Time and velocity relative to the galactic center

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Francium
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Theory Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 6K views
energia said:
we are having this discussion because it is a theory
"...still a theory..." implies that there is another condition above and beyond a theory that Relativity could become. This demonstrates a lack of understanding (its quite a common misconception, actually) of the http://phyun5.ucr.edu/~wudka/Physics7/Notes_www/node5.html , apparently an important reason why you continue to pursue ether "theory."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
for the last time...

I am not pursuing aether theory,
I don't give a rat's ass about aether theory

I clearly stated that I am only interested in pursuing absolute truth
using the sceintific method to arrive at the truth

which means putting all theories to the test

no matter how highly you or I regard Relativity Theory

it IS a theory
 
Last edited:
russ_watters said:
Latitude - since the Earth rotates and it is flattened at the poles, there are both SR and GR effects at work with changing lattitude.

...and altitude too.

But the dilation from the speed of rotation is exactly canceled by the change in the gravitational redshift due to the flattening. Atomic clocks on the geoid are not adjusted for their latitude.