Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Time depending quantum solution

1. Jul 14, 2008 #1
    Hello dear theorists!
    Please help me to understand the following question:
    I have slowly changing electric field that has a zero limits at t1=(- infinity) and t2=(+ infinity). All books write that the time dependant solution is sought in form of linear combination of static eigenfunctions solved at t=(- infinity) with coefficients depending on time. And the probability that system will have n-th eugenvalue will be proportional to square of n-th coefficient. But the last one is true only at t2=(+ infinity) when the field will be zero again and the system of eugenfunctions is unperturbed. At any intermediate time there will be nonzero field and another system of eigenfunctions and eugenvalues. I need to find the probabilities of these perturbed states with its perturbed eugenvalues but I have solution, constructed of nonperturbed functions at any time. I do not understand how to find it. Could you please explain me as for stupid guy? Thanks.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted