Time travel and the double slit experiment?

• Thread starter Ulnarian
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I'm pretty much a newbie to this quantum physics stuff, but the one thing that really blows my mind is the double slit experiment. I just don't make much sense.

Anyways, I was wondering, could the interference pattern caused by firing a single particle through the double slits be the case of a particle from the future acting upon the presently fired particle? I was reading last week about how some people now believe that entanglement through time is possible, so maybe something similar is at play here *shrug*

I'm sure there are a ton of books and resources on the net about just this thing, but, if someone can point me in the right direction where I could learn some more about it, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers and Replies

I recommend to see Quantum mechanics - one of the volumes of Feynman's Physics lectures. It starts with double slit experiment. And it is explained what it is and what it is not.

There's no necessity to put "entanglement through time" into the subject. The point is that so called non-locality of quantum mechanics plays a great role here.