Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

To Study Math or not to Study Math

1. Aug 27, 2006 #1

lo2

(Awesome title I know that)

But what I would like to ask you, is do you have to be a real good at Math to study it at the Uni. Or can you get through if you work hard and keep the passion intact. Of Course you cannot get through if you are someone completly stupid, but here I am just talking a normal guy who has quit High School with OK grade, could he fulfill a Math study at the Uni?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 27, 2006 #2
    asian or not?

4. Aug 27, 2006 #3
    I think that discipline can more than make up for lack of outward brilliance. I've seen that time and again.

5. Aug 27, 2006 #4
    depends if his asian or not though

6. Aug 27, 2006 #5

lo2

I am not asian I am european.

7. Aug 27, 2006 #6

VietDao29

Homework Helper

Uhm, yes, I think you can. When there's will, there's a way, so if you try it, you can make it. Don't worry. :)
    One of my teacher said that "There's no bad students, just lazy ones". If you don't feel very comfortable at maths, but still want to learn maths, then you can re-read the books again to make sure you understand everything. If that doesn't help, you can ask your friends, or even a tutor to help you out. Hopefully, if you try hard, everything will be fine. :smile:
    -----------------
    By the way, what's difference between an Asian, and a non-Asian?!?! :confused:

8. Aug 27, 2006 #7

lo2

Yeah of course. I hope that you are right. But I think that not all people can complete a math study no matter how hard they work. Some are just too stupid and simply cannot understand math even the basic.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?