Today, a polar bear wanted to join the cabin party.

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Polar
In summary, a couple on a cabin holiday at Spitsbergen had to shoot a persistent 305 kg male polar bear who was trying to enter their cabin through a window. Despite warning shots, the bear was determined to get inside. It is unfortunate that they had to resort to shooting the bear. There is also a strong bear market in Europe, where owning bee-hives has become a symbol of nobility due to the need for bear guards.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
A couple on a cabin holiday at Spitsbergen was rather rattled when a 305 kg male polar bear sought to join them inside by pushing through the window. They had already sent of several warning shots (that is usually enough to make a bear understand he isn't welcome), but this particular bear was persistent. Unfortunately, they had to shoot him. :frown:
http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/03/24/nyheter/isbjorn/bjorn/svalbard/skutt/26365631/

Physics news on Phys.org
That sucks. =(

arildno said:
A couple on a cabin holiday at Spitsbergen was rather rattled when a 305 kg male polar bear sought to join them inside by pushing through the window. They had already sent of several warning shots (that is usually enough to make a bear understand he isn't welcome), but this particular bear was persistent. Unfortunately, they had to shoot him. :frown:
http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/03/24/nyheter/isbjorn/bjorn/svalbard/skutt/26365631/
:cry:

What's next? Do people over there eat bear meat?

I read in wall street journal that Europe is having a strong bear market.

jobyts said:
What's next? Do people over there eat bear meat?

I read in wall street journal that Europe is having a strong bear market.
Actually, in our current natural household economy, owning bee-hives has become the mark of nobility, because they can then pay their bear guards.:smile:

1. What would a polar bear want to join a cabin party?

A polar bear may be drawn to the cabin party because of the smell of food or the warmth from the cabin.

2. Is it safe to have a polar bear at a cabin party?

No, it is not safe to have a polar bear at a cabin party. Polar bears are wild animals and can be dangerous to humans.

3. How did the polar bear find out about the cabin party?

Polar bears have a strong sense of smell and may have detected the party from a distance. They may also have been drawn by the sounds and lights coming from the cabin.

4. What should I do if a polar bear wants to join my cabin party?

It is important to stay calm and slowly back away from the polar bear. Do not approach or try to feed the bear. It is best to leave the area and call local authorities for assistance.

5. Are polar bears common in cabin areas?

Polar bears are not typically found in cabin areas. However, as their natural habitat continues to shrink due to climate change, they may wander into more populated areas in search of food.