Total area enclosed between ln(x) and sin^2(2x)-cos(3x)+1

I understand the theory behind this type of question well enough; you solve ln(x)=sin^2(2x)-cos(3x)+1 to find the x values at the points of intersection, and then set up definite integrals over the domains of said x-values, subtracting whichever function is below the other for a specific domain.

However, when doing this particular question I realised I needed to add 10 definite integrals together to obtain the total area, which seems rather excessive to me. So I was just wondering if there's a faster way of doing this question? Thank you for your help. (And in case you're wondering the answer should be 9.7435)

Answers and Replies

Where does that problem come from? The equation doesn't even have an analytic solution, so it has to be ugly numeric integration, and I don't see the point of choosing functions that intersect so often.

Where does that problem come from? The equation doesn't even have an analytic solution, so it has to be ugly numeric integration, and I don't see the point of choosing functions that intersect so often.
It was off an old work sheet from a couple of decades back that I got given as revision because I finished everything else early. I don't have the sheet anymore but I had this question written down because I found it particularly odd. The graphs intersect 11 times which is more than usual but still not too bad. I'm just curious though if there's a faster way to get the answer than setting up 10 definite integrals

Nothing that would really help, as you have to take care of the signs in some way.

Nothing that would really help, as you have to take care of the signs in some way.
Okay, thank you for the help