Total Frustration Radioactive Decay Need Fast Help

In summary, radioactive decay is the process by which an unstable atom loses energy and emits radiation in the form of particles or electromagnetic waves. This process occurs in order for the atom to become more stable. It occurs when the nucleus of an atom is unstable and tries to reach a more stable state by emitting radiation in the form of particles or energy. The rate of radioactive decay is measured by the half-life of a substance and is affected by factors such as temperature, pressure, and the presence of other elements. Radioactive decay can have both positive and negative effects on the environment, and it has practical applications such as in nuclear power plants, medical treatments, and carbon dating.
PremedBeauty
Total Frustration!Radioactive Decay!Need Fast Help!

Hello,

I have the link to the excercise:
http://www.sciencecourseware.org/VirtualDating/files/RC_6.php"

Here are my answers:

1. 1200
2. 2100
6. 2050
7. ?

I would think (7) would be 3775, but it's not. I have been trying this for hours and cannot figure this out, please help. My head hurts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I got 4175 BP.

It's 4200

1. What is radioactive decay?

Radioactive decay is the process by which an unstable atom loses energy and emits radiation in the form of particles or electromagnetic waves. This process occurs in order for the atom to become more stable.

2. How does radioactive decay work?

Radioactive decay occurs when the nucleus of an atom is unstable and tries to reach a more stable state by emitting radiation in the form of particles or energy. As the unstable atom decays, it transforms into a different element with a more stable nucleus.

3. What is the rate of radioactive decay?

The rate of radioactive decay is measured by the half-life of a substance, which is the amount of time it takes for half of the initial amount of a radioactive substance to decay into a stable form. The rate of decay is also affected by factors such as temperature, pressure, and the presence of other elements.

4. How does radioactive decay affect the environment?

Radioactive decay can have both positive and negative effects on the environment. In small amounts, it is used in medical treatments and scientific research. However, high levels of radioactive decay can have harmful effects on living organisms and the environment, such as causing mutations and increasing the risk of cancer.

5. How can we use radioactive decay to our advantage?

Radioactive decay has many practical applications, such as in nuclear power plants, medical treatments, and carbon dating. By harnessing the energy released during radioactive decay, we can generate electricity and power various devices. Radioactive isotopes are also used in medical treatments to target and destroy cancer cells.