Translated Russian papers (i.e. paper of Gor'kov)

In summary, DrDu found a paper that Gor'kov referenced in his 1958 paper. However, the paper that he referenced is from 1959. He tried to ask here but didn't get help. He then contacted Professor Gor'kov directly and was able to receive the paper.
asheg
Hi,
I have tried to find following paper which is a Russian paper (translated to English), please let me know where I can find it.
L.P. Gor'kov, J. Expt. Theor. Phys. (U.S.S.R) 34, 735 (1958)
Sov. Phys. JETP 7, 505 (1958)

I have the same problem with other translated Russian publication that where I can find them since many of developments in microscopic theory of superconductivity have accomplished by them (Gor'kov, Landau, Bogoliubov, ...). many of them are in JETP journal. It seems that Springer has volumes from 1996 and not old ones.

Please help me. I need the article urgently.
Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
DrDu said:
There is a library with source papers on superconductivity:

http://www.w2agz.com/Library/Classi...ns from BCS, Sov-Phys JETP 9, 1364 (1959).pdf

Maybe you also find the one you are looking for.

Thank you very much DrDu.
However the paper (in your link) is Gor'kov paper in 1959. I wanted a paper which he referenced in this paper (a paper in 1958).
There should be a way for physicians to get translated Russian papers since they have been cited by many western scientists. I have access to many journals (in university) but I don't know where I can find these papers.
Thank you.

asheg said:
Thank you very much DrDu.
However the paper (in your link) is Gor'kov paper in 1959. I wanted a paper which he referenced in this paper (a paper in 1958).
There should be a way for physicians to get translated Russian papers since they have been cited by many western scientists. I have access to many journals (in university) but I don't know where I can find these papers.
Thank you.

Did you try to ask here?
http://itp.ac.ru/en/persons/gorkov-lev-petrovich/

Blackforest said:

Thank you Blackforest for your suggestion.
According to your advice, I have sent them an email but I'm not sure they send me the article.
I think there should be straightforward method to obtain these articles since many of them are important publications in condensed matter physics. I'm wondering why Springer doesn't have all volumes of JETP journal!

Finally I got the paper directly from Professor Gor'kov himself!
Thanks to him and all of you that help me.

1. What is the significance of translated Russian papers in the scientific community?

Translated Russian papers, particularly those of renowned physicist Lev Landau and his student Alexei Abrikosov (known as Gor'kov), have greatly contributed to the advancement of various fields in physics such as condensed matter physics, superconductivity, and quantum mechanics. Their work has been recognized and cited by scientists all over the world, making a significant impact in the scientific community.

2. How are these papers translated and made accessible to non-Russian speaking scientists?

Several organizations and publishers, such as the American Institute of Physics and the American Physical Society, have dedicated efforts to translate and publish these papers in English. They work closely with Russian institutions and translators to ensure the accuracy and quality of the translations. These translated papers are then made available through various online databases and journal publications.

3. What is the process of translating a Russian scientific paper?

The process of translating a Russian scientific paper involves several steps. First, the paper is carefully selected based on its relevance and significance. Then, a professional translator with a background in physics is assigned to translate the paper. The translation is then reviewed and edited by experts in the field to ensure accuracy. Finally, the translated paper is published in English and made available to the scientific community.

4. Are there any challenges in translating Russian scientific papers?

Yes, there are several challenges in translating Russian scientific papers. One of the main challenges is the use of technical terms and jargon that may not have direct equivalents in English. This requires the translator to have a deep understanding of the subject matter to accurately convey the meaning. Another challenge is the use of complex sentence structures and syntax in Russian, which may not translate well into English. Thus, careful editing and review by experts are necessary to ensure the accuracy of the translation.

5. Can non-scientists benefit from reading translated Russian papers?

Yes, non-scientists can also benefit from reading translated Russian papers. These papers not only offer insights into the latest developments in physics but also provide historical context and background on important scientific discoveries. Moreover, the clear and concise writing style of these papers makes them accessible to a wider audience, allowing for a better understanding of complex scientific concepts.

Back