Translated Russian papers (i.e. paper of Gor'kov)

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter asheg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Paper Papers Russian
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
asheg
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I have tried to find following paper which is a Russian paper (translated to English), please let me know where I can find it.
L.P. Gor'kov, J. Expt. Theor. Phys. (U.S.S.R) 34, 735 (1958)
Sov. Phys. JETP 7, 505 (1958)

I have the same problem with other translated Russian publication that where I can find them since many of developments in microscopic theory of superconductivity have accomplished by them (Gor'kov, Landau, Bogoliubov, ...). many of them are in JETP journal. It seems that Springer has volumes from 1996 and not old ones.

Please help me. I need the article urgently.
Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
DrDu said:
There is a library with source papers on superconductivity:

http://www.w2agz.com/Library/Classi...ns from BCS, Sov-Phys JETP 9, 1364 (1959).pdf

Maybe you also find the one you are looking for.

Thank you very much DrDu.
However the paper (in your link) is Gor'kov paper in 1959. I wanted a paper which he referenced in this paper (a paper in 1958).
There should be a way for physicians to get translated Russian papers since they have been cited by many western scientists. I have access to many journals (in university) but I don't know where I can find these papers.
Thank you.
 
asheg said:
Thank you very much DrDu.
However the paper (in your link) is Gor'kov paper in 1959. I wanted a paper which he referenced in this paper (a paper in 1958).
There should be a way for physicians to get translated Russian papers since they have been cited by many western scientists. I have access to many journals (in university) but I don't know where I can find these papers.
Thank you.

Did you try to ask here?
http://itp.ac.ru/en/persons/gorkov-lev-petrovich/
 
Blackforest said:

Thank you Blackforest for your suggestion.
According to your advice, I have sent them an email but I'm not sure they send me the article.
I think there should be straightforward method to obtain these articles since many of them are important publications in condensed matter physics. I'm wondering why Springer doesn't have all volumes of JETP journal!
 
Finally I got the paper directly from Professor Gor'kov himself!
Thanks to him and all of you that help me.