Tried to register physicforums

• Thread starter lonton
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker's friend had trouble registering for a forum and asked about an empty text box for the forum logo color. The speaker, who is learning programming, believes it may be a measure to prevent spam bots from signing up automatically. They also mention a random image for entering digits as another spam prevention measure. The speaker's friend asks if a spam bot could still fill in the color box and potentially access their account, but the speaker reassures them that it would need their password to do so.
lonton
My friend [Bobbie Lame] a few mintes ago tried to register physicforums, and he askde me why the registry form has an empty txtbox to ask for what color he see in forum logo.
I am now learning programing a webpgae, I know the implemntation of a form but I don't know why it is so either..

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org

I believe it is probably a measure to stop spam bots signing up automatically.

I don't know about spamming, so I don't know what you mean by measure.
I also see there is a random image for applicant to enter digits.
Can't a spam bot be progrmmed to fill "Green" into the box ? and could it ever log in my own account ? I have used the forum long enough to ensure myself about such a hack.

lonton said:
I also see there is a random image for applicant to enter digits.
Can't a spam bot be progrmmed to fill "Green" into the box ?
It could, but at least 90% (if not more) of them would not bother, so the color box is effective against spam bots. Plus the random image is another prevention against spam bots.

and could it ever log in my own account ?
It would need your password to do that.

Last edited:

What is "Tried to register physicforums"?

"Tried to register physicforums" is a phrase that is commonly used by individuals who have attempted to register for an account on the online forum, physicforums. This forum is a community for scientists and enthusiasts to discuss various topics related to physics.

How do I register for an account on physicforums?

To register for an account on physicforums, you can visit their website and click on the "Register" button. You will be asked to provide a username, email address, and password. Once you have completed the registration process, you will have access to the forum.

Why do I need to register for an account on physicforums?

Registering for an account on physicforums allows you to participate in discussions, ask questions, and share your knowledge with others. It also gives you access to additional features, such as private messaging and creating a profile.

Is there a fee to register for an account on physicforums?

No, registering for an account on physicforums is completely free of charge. The forum is supported by advertising and donations from members.

What should I do if I am having trouble registering for an account on physicforums?

If you are experiencing difficulties registering for an account on physicforums, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then trying again. If the issue persists, you can contact the forum's support team for further assistance.