Trivial (?) alg. geometry problem

• Thread starter Kalidor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Geometry
In summary, trivial algebraic geometry is a branch of mathematics that uses algebraic techniques to study geometric objects and their properties. A geometry problem is considered trivial if it can be easily solved using basic algebraic methods. An example of a trivial algebraic geometry problem is finding the equation of a line given two points. Trivial algebraic geometry differs from other branches of geometry in its focus on algebraic methods rather than purely geometric ones. It is important because it serves as a foundation for understanding more complex algebraic geometry problems and has practical applications in fields such as computer science, physics, and engineering.
Kalidor
Trivial (!?) alg. geometry problem

Homework Statement

Consider [tex]Y=Q_1,Q_2,\ldots,Q_r \subset \mathbb{A}^n [/tex], a finite set of [tex] r [/tex] different points. What are the generators of the ideal [tex]I(Y)[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution

Knowing that [tex] I(Q_i)=(X_1-Q_{i,1},\ldots,X_n-Q_{i,n}) [/tex] and so on, my guess would be that the solution is something like
[tex] (\prod_{k=1}^r f_{k,i}), 1 \leq i \leq n [/tex] with [tex]f_{k,i} \in I(Q_k) [/tex]

It seems kind of messed. Any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org

My notation is too messy?

1. What is trivial algebraic geometry?

Trivial algebraic geometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of geometric objects and their properties using algebraic techniques, such as equations and polynomials.

2. What makes a geometry problem "trivial"?

A geometry problem is considered "trivial" if it can be easily solved using basic algebraic techniques and does not require advanced or complex methods.

3. Can you give an example of a trivial algebraic geometry problem?

An example of a trivial algebraic geometry problem would be finding the equation of a line given two points, as it can be solved using the slope-intercept formula.

4. How does trivial algebraic geometry differ from other branches of geometry?

Trivial algebraic geometry differs from other branches of geometry in that it focuses on using algebraic methods to solve geometric problems, rather than purely geometric techniques.

5. Why is trivial algebraic geometry important?

Trivial algebraic geometry is important because it provides a foundation for understanding more complex algebraic geometry problems and concepts, and it also has applications in various fields such as computer science, physics, and engineering.