Troubleshooting AVG Antivirus Installation and Language Settings: Version 17

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
In summary, to install AVG in English, you need to delete the current version and change your browser's native language to English. Then, download AVG and change the native language back to your preferred language. To add a new language, you must reinstall AVG in Custom mode. The quarantine folder is known as the virus vault and can be accessed through the Options menu.
mech-eng
I have some troubles with AVG. When I download it, it is always installed in my native language, how can I install it in English? And I cannot find quarantine folder. Version is 17. I read a help file but it was different. Would you help me?

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
This may work. Delete AVG. Change native language in browser to English. Download AVG. Change native language back to what you want.

From AVG / Options / Help contents / Index / Find ' language '

Langauge selection :

To change the display language of AVG, choose from the drop-down menu and click OK. After restarting AVG, the whole application will be displayed in the selected language.

Usually the drop-down menu will only offer English, or English and one other language (the one you selected during installation). To add a new language to the list, you need to run the https://www.physicsforums.com/main_reinstallation_of_avg.htm of AVG in the Custom mode, and add the required languages in the Additional Languages section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you mean by quarantine folder . All suspicious material is sent to the virus vault which you can visit via the Options menu .

1. How do I troubleshoot issues with installing AVG Antivirus Version 17?

To troubleshoot installation issues with AVG Antivirus Version 17, first make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements. Then, try disabling any other antivirus software and running the installation as an administrator. If the issue persists, contact AVG customer support for further assistance.

2. Why is my AVG Antivirus installation failing?

There could be several reasons for a failed installation of AVG Antivirus Version 17. It could be due to a conflict with other software, insufficient disk space, or a corrupt installation file. Make sure to check your system requirements and try downloading a fresh copy of the installation file from the official AVG website.

3. How can I change the language settings in AVG Antivirus Version 17?

To change the language settings in AVG Antivirus Version 17, open the application and go to "Options" or "Settings." From there, look for an option to change the language and select your preferred language from the drop-down menu. If your language is not listed, you may need to download a language pack from the AVG website.

4. Can I install multiple languages for AVG Antivirus Version 17?

Yes, you can install multiple languages for AVG Antivirus Version 17. Simply follow the steps mentioned in the previous question to change the language settings. You can also add or remove languages by going to the "Options" or "Settings" menu and selecting "Languages."

5. How do I update the language settings in AVG Antivirus Version 17?

To update the language settings in AVG Antivirus Version 17, you will need to download and install the latest language pack from the AVG website. Once installed, follow the steps mentioned in the third question to change the language settings to the newly installed language.