Troubleshooting data transmission between Basic Stamp and Transceivers

• Thread starter guru
  • Start date
In summary, The project involves using a Basic Stamp (BS2P24) and two transceivers (AC4490-200 and CL4490) to send data wirelessly from the BS2P24 to the ground transceiver (CL4490) which is connected to a PC. The AC4490 is interfaced with the BS2P24 using pins 0, 1, 5, and 16. The code used to send data to the ground transceiver was unsuccessful, but the issue was resolved by changing the baud rate and pin number on the transceiver.
guru
I am working on a project that requires a Basic Stamp (BS2P24) to integrate with two transceivers (AC4490-200 and CL4490). The aim is send data from the BS2P24 to the AC4490 transceiver and then transmit wirelessly to the ground CL4490 transceiver which is connected to a PC. The AC4490 is interfaced to the BS2P24 as follows:

AC4490 pin # Name BS2P24 pin #
2 TXD 0
3 RXD 1
10, 11 VCC -
5,16 GND -

I used the Basic Stamp pins P0 and P1 to connect to transceiver pins 2 and 3 respectively. Then I used the following code to try and send data to the ground transceiver CL4490:

TXpin con 1 ' transmit pin
t9600 con $40F0 ' baud rate is 9600
temp VAR byte

Temp = “A”
SEROUT TXpin, t9600, [temp]

After running the code I was unable to verify that the data was sent to the CL440 transceiver. I’m using the Aerocomm OEM software to try and view the data. However, I’m able to send data from the AC4490 module to the CL4490 using the Aerocomm OEM software (without the Basic Stamp). Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
finally got it to work. just had to cahnge the baud rate and pin # to the transceiver

It seems like you have set up the hardware connections correctly between the Basic Stamp and the transceivers. However, there may be an issue with the code you are using to transmit data. The first thing you should check is whether the baud rate of the Basic Stamp (t9600) matches the baud rate of the Aerocomm software. If they do not match, the data may not be received properly.

Additionally, you may want to check the data format that the Aerocomm software is expecting. Are you sending the data as a string or as a byte? Make sure the format matches what the software is expecting.

Another possibility is that there may be a problem with the transceiver modules themselves. Have you tried testing them separately to make sure they are functioning properly? It may also be helpful to consult the user manual for the transceivers to ensure that you are using the correct commands and protocols for sending data.

If you are still having trouble, I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or offer additional support for integrating the Basic Stamp with their transceivers. Good luck with your project!

What is a transceiver?

A transceiver is a device that combines both a transmitter and receiver in one unit. It is commonly used in telecommunications and networking to send and receive signals.

What is a Basic Stamp?

A Basic Stamp is a type of microcontroller that is commonly used in electronic projects. It is a small computer on a single integrated circuit that can be programmed to control various electronic components.

What is the purpose of a transceiver in a Basic Stamp?

The transceiver in a Basic Stamp allows for communication between the microcontroller and other devices. It can send and receive signals, allowing the Basic Stamp to control and interact with external components.

How do you connect a transceiver to a Basic Stamp?

The transceiver can be connected to a Basic Stamp using various methods, such as serial communication or I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit) protocol. The specific method will depend on the type of transceiver and Basic Stamp being used.

What are the advantages of using a transceiver with a Basic Stamp?

Using a transceiver with a Basic Stamp allows for wireless communication, which can be useful in projects where physical connections are not practical or possible. It also allows for the Basic Stamp to control and communicate with a wider range of devices and components.

Back