Truth and facts about the MBTI Meyers-Briggs test/s (part 2)

• Thread starter timeuser84
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Facts
In summary, the individual is asking about balancing their MBTI functions and where they can go to get tested to see their current levels. They ask about what type of professional they should see for this, but it is mentioned that a real psychologist would likely refuse due to it going against the purpose of the testing. The purpose of the testing is not to achieve a 100% balance in all types, as this could indicate psychopathy.
timeuser84
Hi again all. I asked these questions because I want to balance out all my mbti functions making them all 100% in all areas of the mind/brain or as best as each function will get if that's possible as part of my brain exercise regimen. How can I do this? Where can I go to get tested to see my current mbti function levels? What type of certain professional do I need to see for this? Or what type of phycologist? I am a ISTJ

Biology news on Phys.org
Thread closed for Moderation...

@timeuser84 I think any real psychologist would refuse you for this purpose due to it being against what the reasoning for the testing is. The point is NOT to be the same on all types. If you were 100% the same on all types, you may be a psychopath.

Thread closed.

Likes jim mcnamara, berkeman, Bystander and 1 other person

1. What is the MBTI Meyers-Briggs test?

The MBTI Meyers-Briggs test is a personality assessment tool that categorizes individuals into one of 16 personality types based on their preferences for four dichotomies: extraversion vs. introversion, sensing vs. intuition, thinking vs. feeling, and judging vs. perceiving.

2. Is the MBTI Meyers-Briggs test scientifically valid?

The MBTI Meyers-Briggs test has been heavily criticized by the scientific community for lacking empirical evidence and reliability. Many studies have shown that the test has low test-retest reliability and does not accurately measure what it claims to measure.

3. Can the MBTI Meyers-Briggs test be used for career guidance?

While some people may find the MBTI Meyers-Briggs test helpful in gaining self-awareness and exploring potential career paths, it should not be used as the sole basis for career decisions. The test has not been proven to predict job performance or success in a particular career.

4. Can a person's MBTI Meyers-Briggs type change over time?

According to the creators of the MBTI Meyers-Briggs test, a person's type is fixed and does not change. However, many psychologists argue that personality is fluid and can change over time due to various factors such as life experiences and personal growth.

5. Is the MBTI Meyers-Briggs test used in any professional settings?

The MBTI Meyers-Briggs test is often used in corporate settings for team-building and leadership development. However, its use in hiring and other employment decisions is not recommended due to its lack of scientific validity and potential for bias.