Can Medical Tests Determine My Body Energy and Motivation Levels?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
timeuser84
Messages
59
Reaction score
6
Hi I would like to know if there is any physical or medical scientific tests I can take to know/confirm my energy levels/body energy levels and will level when it comes to motivation.

the reason for wanting to take these tests is that I have a severe mental brain neurological disability known as schitzoeffective disorder and it has been very difficult for me to manage over the years. long story short, one day I became depressed and lost all my motivation that I had over 4 years ago. my motivation to do anything ended up plummeting far below 0 into the negatives. currently for about 3 years

I have been slowly recovering from that and building my motivation back up to normal levels with the help of a therapist that specializes in helping people with mental illnesses like myself. building motivation consist of 1. energy 2.will 3. purpose, its like a muscle so if you don't exercise it, it can atrophy or be harder to do things or get things done.

I once was in a mental hospital and during my stay they had me hooked up to a machine that measured my stamina(whatever that means) or something to do with stamina. they concluded that my stamina was extremely low, that's how I know that these sorts of physical or medical test's exists. I do record and monitor my motivation levels every weekday day which has been going up or improving slowly but its more of a mental gist or something I made up

SO I want to actually take a lagit scientific tests or medical tests that shows my real energy levels and will level based on the facts rather then just what I think they are..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
Unfortunately there is no reliable test that I know of that will test your mental or motivational "endurance" or "energy". If there are, such things would almost certainly need to be administered by a trained mental health professional. Your best bet is to ask your doctor.
 
timeuser84 said:
Hi I would like to know if there is any physical or medical scientific tests I can take to know/confirm my energy levels/body energy levels and will level when it comes to motivation.
As @Drakkith says, these are questions for your doctors. Please schedule a physical soon with your family doctor -- as part of a comprehensive physical, they will likely do a full blood work-up and urine sample, looking for any chemical imbalances in your system. Be sure to tell him/her about your medical history if they don't already know about it, and bring any medications that you have been taking.

Best of luck to you. The doctors should be able to help you out a lot with this. We cannot offer medical advice here on the PF, so the thread will need to remain closed.