1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

U Chicago, Cornell or UIUC for experimental condensed matter physics?

1. Mar 9, 2014 #1
    Hello,

Grad school admissions are about over, and it looks like I will be choosing between UIUC, Cornell, or U Chicago for CME. I have research fellowships from Cornell and U Chicago, still waiting for financial details from UIUC. I'll visit UC and Cornell over spring break, but location isn't too important (big city vs farmlands).

Does anyone have an opinion on these three places? I think they're all good in condensed matter but how else would you pick?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2014 #2
    Your personal preference of where you want to live for more than half a decade and who and what you want to work by looking at professor bios and sending emails to see how many students they will take in.

4. Mar 9, 2014 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of those institutions. They are top-notch in condensed matter, with UIUC and Cornell may be a nose ahead of UC on my personal preference. Whatever you will choose, you should have no regrets here.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook