? Ultimate informative literatures ?

• Thread starter AlwaysThinking
  • Start date
In summary, the author is looking for books that focus on the physics of the past, and recommends "The Feynman Lectures on Physics: The New Millennium Edition" as a good place to start.
AlwaysThinking
~I HOPE THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS TOPIC~

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have always been interested in the Earth's/universe's past. I am seeking the best literature/books that you know of that focus on physics/cosmology/astrophysics...etc in terms of learning more about figuring out more about our past origins.

Things pertaining to time, space, gravity, relativity, black holes, warps, speed of light, magnetic fields, Newton/Einstein (other recognized geniuses)...everything that gave way to our current knowledge of our past.

I want to start as if I know nothing from basics, and work up to what we know now and what we would like to know if possible.

I have seen books and television shows that intrigued me, but would like to actually get involved more now. Reading and grasping things on my own is more my forte, so books would really help me out. Thank you for reading, I'd really appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction.

Physics news on Phys.org
The books "Six Easy Pieces", and "Six Not So Easy Pieces" are good short books by Feynman. They're very readable and discuss the fundamentals of physics.

I assume you're looking for a book to read rather than study.

Thank you...from looking at his work, I think this might be even more informative.

"The Feynman Lectures on Physics: The New Millennium Edition"

AlwaysThinking said:
Thank you...from looking at his work, I think this might be even more informative.

"The Feynman Lectures on Physics: The New Millennium Edition"

The Feynman Lectures are a great resource, but they're not the kind of thing i'd sit down and read. If you're willing to put the effort in and study them, you can't go wrong. (assuming your maths is up to the task).

They're online for free here: http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/

Last edited:

Hello and welcome to the forum! It's great to see someone with a passion for learning more about our past origins. I can definitely recommend some literature that will provide you with a solid understanding of physics, cosmology, and astrophysics.

Firstly, I would suggest starting with some basic physics textbooks to build a foundation of knowledge. Some great options include "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Serway and Jewett, or "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick. These books cover the fundamental principles of physics, such as time, space, gravity, and relativity, and are a great starting point for your journey.

Next, I would recommend delving into some cosmology literature. A book that I personally found very informative and engaging is "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. This book covers a range of topics including black holes, warps, and the speed of light, and will give you a deeper understanding of our current knowledge of the universe.

For a more in-depth look at astrophysics, I would suggest "Astrophysics for People in a Hurry" by Neil deGrasse Tyson. This book covers a wide range of topics, from the Big Bang to the search for extraterrestrial life, in an easy-to-understand and entertaining way.

Finally, if you're interested in learning about the history of physics and the geniuses who have contributed to our current understanding, I recommend "Einstein: His Life and Universe" by Walter Isaacson. This biography dives into the life and work of Albert Einstein, one of the most influential physicists of all time.

I hope these recommendations help you on your journey to learning more about our past origins. Happy reading!

1. What is the purpose of informative literature?

Informative literature is created with the goal of providing readers with new knowledge or information on a specific topic. It can be used to educate, inform, or persuade an audience.

2. How is informative literature different from other types of literature?

Unlike other types of literature, such as fictional or creative writing, informative literature is based on facts and research rather than imagination. It is also typically written in a more formal and objective tone.

3. What are the different forms of informative literature?

Informative literature can take various forms, including articles, reports, research papers, essays, books, and white papers. It can also be presented in different mediums, such as print, digital, audio, and video.

4. How do you ensure the accuracy and credibility of informative literature?

To ensure accuracy and credibility, informative literature must be based on thorough research and reliable sources. This includes citing references and conducting peer review processes. It is also important to avoid biases and present information in an unbiased manner.

5. How can informative literature be effectively communicated to a target audience?

To effectively communicate informative literature to a target audience, it is important to understand their needs and preferences. This can include using clear and concise language, incorporating visuals or multimedia, and choosing appropriate channels for dissemination, such as academic journals or popular media outlets.